Chapter 17

A/c: Inkfae on IG
A/N; Bit more swearing in this one, just a warning

Aelin

It was very odd. Being an outsider but the insiders wanted you to feel like one of them. I was smiling and talking to Owen when he came over to show me his new toy. A little Illyrian warrior figure that looked suspiciously like Cassian. 

"Uncle Cassian got this for me and dada says he could make it fly!" He said excitedly.

"I can probably make it fly." Rhysand injected in.

"Aww, little Rhysie doesn't have that much power after all!" Cassian said jokingly. Suddenly Rhysand winnowed right behind the warrior and playfully smacked him over the head. Everyone laughed until we were hoarse, or until Feyre gasped.

"Oh, Owen!" She said, gesturing for him to come over to her. She whispered in his ear and he as well gasped, like he just remembered something.

"I'll be right back!" he said running off. When he came back he had a small package that looked suspiciously looked familiar.

"Aelin, this is for you!" He said. I honestly expected nothing but my heart warmed.

"You got this for me?" I said on the verge of tears of happiness.

"Yeah! Remember when you took me shopping?" He said. 

"Yup, your uncle Cassian almost beat me u-" I got cut off.

"Um, we don't  need to get into those details!" Cassian said warily eyeing Rowan, either not wanting to have a physical fight on the solstice, or not knowing if he would win. I honestly don't know who would win. Cassian was older but Rowan probably had more power. My mate had now moved to have a staring contest with the general who stared back with the same stony cold expression.

"Wine anyone?" Mor asked. I nodded eagerly.

Rowan

Seeing Aelin with the kid made me want to have one with her even more. She had everything that would give them a good childhood. Patience, kindness. I could see her thanking Owen for the gift while he chants for her to open it.

"Okay, I'll open it!" She said in a playful tone. Peeling away the paper covering the box revealed a small box, ones that were generally used to carry jewellery. Prying it open, there was a pair of little drop earrings. The drop part, some sort of crystal, maybe diamond. Holding the jewel in place was just a simple gold coloured metal, though, seeing Rhysand and Feyre's houses- yes apparently they have multiple-it might even be real gold. 

"Oh my god! You didn't have to get me anything!" Aelin pulled him in for a hug, when she was about to pull away everything went to shit.

Feyre

The roof collapsed in on us and I immediately smelt a rotting festy smell.

"FUCK!" I heard Aelin shout. "VALG!" 

This was it.

There would be no more waiting.

No more solstice celebrations until we got this infestation under control and we had killed them all.

"Where is Owen?" I called desperately, trying to make sure that my son was out of the way of all the fighting.

"I moved him to the House of Wind!" Rhysand called back to me.

"Okay then," I said whispering to myself. "It's just us then." My powers crackling in my hands, I charged forward with everyone else.

A/N: 1) sorry for the long wait and the shortness of this chapter, I've had no motivation these past weeks, 2) I just bought ACOSF and I'm really excited to start reading it so no spoilers.

When our worlds collideOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara