Chapter 19

Aelin

The feeling of being transported is like having your insides twisted, not enough for it to hurt, but twisted enough for me, and everyone else, to be very disoriented by the end of it.

"I- I was definitely not ready for that," Yrene says. She gags and I help her rush over to the nearest bathroom. She didn't actually throw up, but she still had a pale look to her usually darker skin. Gently, I pull her into a hug when everything rushes over me- they brought me home.

"Thank you so so so much for bringing me back," I say.

"Hey, you saved me all those years ago, I think we're equal." She said smiling. "Okay, you ready to see everyone again?" Eagerly I nod and she follows me through the castle to the dining room, that everyone spends most of their time in.  In my typical fashion, I had to make a dramatic entrance.

Lysandra

I was sitting in the Living room with Elide, Ansel and Manon, the latter two being here for the party.

"So let me get this straight," Manon said. "We think that the queen is in a different universe?" She said sounding dumbfounded. Solemnly, I nodded.

"As crazy as it sounds, yeah that's what Fenrys said, and then before we could ask him anything he just left to go back."

"Honestly at this point in my life, I've seen and heard about enough shit happening that it doesn't actually sound that crazy, I'm just confused on how she got there," Ansel interjected. "How did she get there?"

"A better question is what was she doing there?" Elide asked.

"Oh, you know." A new voice said. "Saving ass" I turned to the chair where Aelin always sat, and low and behold- she was sitting there with a shit-eating grin.

"AELIN!" I screamed and ran towards her. 

Aelin

Lysandra did nothing less than tackle me off my chair to hug me.

"Where have you been?"  Ansel and Manon were standing back. 

"I don't know, fighting valg that should have been dead ages ago," I say. "Hey what are you two still doing here? Rowan said I was gone for like ever, the party should have been done and dusted."

"Well, your majesty," Manon said. "We had to postpone it because the ball was hosted by you remember? And a party without a host is like the fields of Asphodel."

"The what?" Lysandra asked.

"The fields of Asphodel? Like the underworld- the souls are all wandering around aimlessly."

"If you say so," The shapeshifter replied. Manon just rolled her eyes but bit back her reply Aelin could see was on the tip of her tongue.

"Well if the party was waiting for me let's get the message out and see how quickly all the stragglers can get back here," Aelin said, very enthusiastic.

"Aelin are you sure? From the very little information that you've given us, it seems that you need a break." Ansel said.

"Yes exactly- I do need a break and a party or ball or whatever you want to call it is exactly what I need."

"If you say so- let's get the message out," Lysandra replied while they all walked out of the room together.

- A Week Later-

"Thank you all for coming on such late notice. I know the party was postponed but it is now happening so, please feast on everything we have to offer." Aelin said as she raised her glass as a toast. Everyone followed suit and soon the room was buzzing with a million different conversations.

"It's good to have you back Fireheart, nothing was the same without you," Rowan said, fondly looking at her.

"Well I should hope so, I am amazing, aren't I?"

"Yes you are Fireheart, yes you are."

Thank you guys for all the support on this story!!❤️