Chapter 18

Lol a bit off-topic but Lysandra is the loml

Rowan

If you don't count Vaughan, all of the remaining members of the cadre is present in this battle which will be essential. Even though there was only a couple dozen of them, Aelin and from what I've heard Feyre are the only ones who can kill them with their powers. The rest of us will have to get up close and personal

"Are there any hosts for the valg?" Yrene screams over the chaos. 

"From what I can see, only three hosts!" I shout back. She nods and starts running. 

"Hold up!" I say holding her back. "I promised Chaol that you would be brought back in one piece with your babe, so stay here." For a second I thought she would argue, but then she nods and stands at the ready. Promising that I would lure the hosts over to where she was, I ran off into the battlefield to join the rest of the group

Aelin

With my powers urging for me to use them, I ran forward and started firing scolding hot flames at the parasites who weren't using a fae body to host them. Instantly, they went up in ashes. 

"Make sure you get all the infected fae over to Yrene without harming them too much!" I shouted at the night court. Even with no indication that they had heard me, Rhysand, Amren and Mor all went for the fae. Even though they were walking backwards, luring them to the healer, I could see the conscious effort not to maim them with the weapons that they had gotten somehow, either by summoning them with magic or from their house. Four valg came at me from all sides, but just as I was about to burn them to a crisp, Rowan sliced two of the heads off and I burned the other two.

"Thanks," I said, already going to battle another one.

"Hey, I have to be your mate for a reason, if not for anything else why not slicing some enemy heads off for you?" He replied dryly, running right next to me.

Rhysand

So far, I think the odds were definitely in our favour. I had seen Rowan decapitating two of the valg, so I assumed you could kill them that way in addition to fire. The damage on our estate could definitely be fixed in a week, it was only about a square metre that got crashed through. When that did happen, I remembered about Owen and quicky winnowed every living thing out of that room and over to a field that was far enough away from any civilization that we didn't burden anyone by letting them be in the crossfire of the battle. 

Soon there was only a dozen valg left to kill.

Then there was ten.

Then nine.

Eight.

Seven. 

Until there was only fae to heal.

"Shit!" I heard the healer, Yrene scream. "Rowan and Aelin, hold the other two down while I do this one!" The pair nodded dutifully and held the thrashing thing down, face first so that Yrene could heal the fae as quickly as possible.

"Okay, next one." She said moving onto the one Rowan was holding. Gradually, it stopped thrashing and then stopped moving at all.

"Are they dead?" Cassian asked, looking at the three fae lying on the ground, only their backs faintly moving so they could breath short and shallow breaths.

"No, I just put them under so we don't have to explain right now." I honestly couldn't flaw the logic there.

Feyre

Do you have to leave so soon?" I asked the court. The court of Terrasen, which I learnt is where the group, plus apparently quite a few more of their friends live.

"For now, I think yes, but I will definitely come back soon, or you guys could come to visit us. Not to be bias or anything but my country beats this." Aelin said playfully, in response, Rhys scoffed, which was probably the reaction she was hoping for. I hugged her waved them off goodbye while Rhysand transported them back to their own world.

"Can we go see them soon?" Owen asked, holding onto one of my legs. I scooped him up and nodded.

"Definitely one day very soon." And walked back into our townhouse with my family.

One more chapter y'all!