twenty one

That's right, that's right, don't be nervous.

"Sunwoo! I need your help down here for a second!" Mingyu called from downstairs.

"Coming," Sunwoo lazily responded as he grabbed the plastic sheets on his study table. He got out of his room and went down the stairs slowly with a gloomy expression.

"Could you please chop off the carrots? I can't leave this one here," Mingyu tells the younger while he is busy cooking their dinner.

Sunwoo placed the plastic sheets above the kitchen countertop and sat on a stool. He then started to chop the carrots into strips on the chopping board.

Mingyu noticed that his cousin was a bit quiet today. He looked back at the younger with a quick glance and saw an emotional expression on Sunwoo's face. He then noticed the plastic sheets that are rested on the kitchen countertop.

"Why did you bring your plastic sheets here in the kitchen?" Mingyu asked.

"You meant these trash?" Sunwoo huffed. "I'm going to place them on where they should be."

"Whoa, chill there," Mingyu chuckled. "Care to tell me what happened?"

"You don't need to know."

"Is it about that girl? Eric's best friend?"

Sunwoo kept silent while still chopping the carrots.

"Did she found out about you?" Mingyu asked out of curiosity.

"No," Sunwoo briefly responded.

"She rejected you?"

"Not that either."

"Oh," Mingyu exclaimed. "What happened then?"

"She's not keeping the plastic flowers that I gave her."

Mingyu immediately turned off the stove and walked up to the kitchen countertop before sitting on the stool across Sunwoo.

"Then what is she doing on those?" Mingyu wondered.

"She's throwing them on the freaking trash bin in school."

Mingyu gasped. "Like, she threw every plastic flower that you gave her?"

Sunwoo shrugged his shoulders. "I'm not sure if she threw all of them."

"I feel bad for you," Mingyu tells the younger. "I can clearly see how mad you are at her-"

"I'm not mad at her," Sunwoo said. He had finished chopping the carrots. He then grabbed four strips of it before stuffing them inside his mouth.

"Are you serious?" Mingyu asked in disbelief.

"I'm mad at what she did," Sunwoo responded. "It's like, she threw all the efforts that I did for her. Scratch that, I'll just forget my stupid feelings for her."

"You're a man, Sunwoo," Mingyu proudly tells the younger before standing up from the stool and proceeded to cook again.

Sunwoo bitterly smiled as he grabbed the plastic sheets that are resting on the kitchen countertop. He then stood up from his seat and headed outside to throw the plastic sheets on the trash bin.