seventeen

It's gonna work out this time.

"If you two only heard what shits those idiots are saying when you arrived on the bleachers while holding hands," Eric huffed.

"I think we did great," Sammy laughed. "Right, Changmin?"

Changmin shot her a wink. "A piece of cake," he laughed after.

Eric gave them a nasty look. "What's with you two?" he asked.

"We are just playing around," Changmin responded.

"See you tomorrow, Eric!" Sammy said as she waved goodbye to the boy after stopping in front of her home.

"Have a great night ahead," Changmin said with a small wave.

"Huh?" Eric wondered. "What are you saying? We're walking together-"

"Not today, my friend," Changmin cuts him off. "Sammy and I have some business to do."

"You two are getting suspicious already," Eric whispered as he eyed the two from head to toe. "Are you two dating secretly or what?"

Changmin let out a fake gasp. "You're so smart, Eric! How did you guess that right?!"

"I really am smart," Eric proudly said, but he quickly glared at Changmin when he realized everything. "How dare you to make a move on Sammy after all that happened to her!"

"Chill down there, Son Youngjae," Changmin tells the younger. "I already told you that we're just fooling around."

"Do you think I'll believe you?" Eric hissed on Changmin.

"Then ask Sammy yourself," he tells him.

Eric's gaze then landed on Sammy. "Tell me the truth, young lady."

"Changmin already said the truth, young man," Sammy spoke. "We're just fooling around and you have been fooled."

"Okay, okay," Eric said, finally giving up. "But the business that you said-"

"That's only between us," Changmin cuts him off.

"Suspicious," Eric whispered. "Whatever, I need to go home," he said and gave them a small wave.

"We'll tell you what's with our business soon," Sammy tells Eric.

"You two better do," Eric spoke one last time before finally leaving.

"Come on, Changmin. Let's go inside because I have so many things to say about our business," Sammy said as she dragged Changmin inside her house.

CHANGMIN

I just let Sammy drag me inside her house. After we took off our shoes by their doorway, she dragged me again to the couch where I saw the plastic flower and the flower was still there.

"I knew it!" I exclaimed. "You are hiding these from all of us!"

I picked up the yellow tulip that is made of plastic from the couch and pointed it to Sammy.

"Are these from Hyunjoon?" I asked her.

"I-I don't know."

"What do you mean that you don't know?!" I asked and pointed the plastic flower closer to her face. "Don't lie to me, Sammy! There's no time for lies!"

"I'm serious, Changmin," she softly spoke. "I always find them inside my locker or inside my mailbox every day for over a year already."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "For over a year? That long? And you haven't told any one of us?"

"Because I don't want any of you to know."

"Sorry to mention the name but," I paused for a moment. "This isn't from Hyunjoon, right?"

"I am definitely sure that none of the plastic flowers came from him," Sammy responded and I can see the sureness on her eyes. "He never knew about the plastic flowers."

I stared at the yellow tulip while biting my lower lip.

"Wait, how did you know about this?"

I let out a sigh before sitting on the couch.

"I am suspecting someone who might be giving these plastic flowers to you secretly," I responded without even looking at Sammy. "But I am not that sure, I'm just suspecting."

Sammy sat beside me before she grabbed both of my shoulders, forcing me to face her.

"Who?" she asked. "Please tell me who you are suspecting because I am literally curious."

I quickly shook my head. "I can't tell you right now."

"Why?" she whined like a little kid.

"Just because," I briefly responded.

"But you will tell me soon, right?"

"Of course I will," I reassured her. "Can you show me now where the rest of the plastic flowers are?"

"Let's go to my room," Sammy said as she brought me upstairs to her room.

As soon as we entered her room, she quickly went on the side of her bed before kneeling down on the floor. She then started to reach for something underneath her bed. A few moments after, she pulled out a large box.

"I keep all of them here," she said before opening the box.

My jaw immediately dropped at the amount of different plastic flowers inside the box. I am sure that there are hundreds of them.

"Wow, Sammy," I choked out. "What a secret admirer you have."

"I'm sure that all of these came from only one person," she said as she took out a plastic white rose from the box. "And I can tell that all of these are handmade. I literally witnessed every improvement on these flowers."

An idea popped on my mind.

"Sammy," I called out.

She turned her head on me, waiting for me to continue.

"Let's continue being sweet on each other," I tell her. "Let's pretend like that, just like what we did earlier."

"I agree on that, but I wanted to know why."

"In order to know my suspect's reaction on us," I said. "I'll ask one of the boys to observe."

"And who would it be?" she wondered.

I shrugged my shoulders with a smile on my lips and fished out my phone from my pocket. I scrolled through my contacts and slid on the number that I wanted to call.

"Hey! Need some help on something? I'd be glad to help you out!"

I looked at Sammy while still smiling.

"I definitely need help on something. It isn't that hard because I just wanted you to observe someone's reaction and stuff like that."

"That's easy! I'll help you out with that."

"Thanks, Kevin. You're the best."