eighteen

The fact that I can't see you becomes a burden to me.

"Mingyu hyung!" Haknyeon greeted after Mingyu opened their front door.

"Oh, hey. Uh, what brought you here?" Mingyu asks the younger, but not in a rude way.

"Sunwoo invited me over," Haknyeon spoke slowly. "He didn't tell you?"

"He's not here," Mingyu tells the younger.

"What?! I-" Haknyeon exclaimed. "-I feel betrayed," he breathed out.

"I'm sorry," Mingyu apologized. "But he literally left the house for half an hour already. Aren't you two meeting somewhere?"

Haknyeon quickly shook his head. "He said that I'll just come here at your house. He just betrayed me and I can't believe this."

"Uh, would you like to come in-"

"No, thank you," Haknyeon cuts him off. "I'll get going, Mingyu hyung. Thanks for telling me about your dear cousin's betrayal."

"N-no problem, Hakkie," Mingyu awkwardly said while waving goodbye to the younger.

"How dare that raccoon to fool me," Haknyeon muttered under his breath with his fists closed.

He started to walk through the sidewalk of the village with his eyebrows meeting each other. It was definitely obvious on Haknyeon's expression that he is annoyed. He stopped on his tracks when his phone suddenly rang. He scoffed when he saw the name on the caller's ID.

"Well, look who the fuck is calling," Haknyeon hissed as he slid the answer button before lending his phone on his left ear.

"Hak?"

"May I know who is this?"

"What? Are you high on drugs? What the hell are you saying?"

Haknyeon rolled his eyes. "I think you got the wrong number. I'm sorry, I'll end the call-"

"Quit playing around, Ju Haknyeon."

"I think I should be the one who's telling you that, Kim Sunwoo," Haknyeon spats at the younger before rolling his eyes.

"What did I do this time?" Sunwoo wondered.

"You made me go to your house because you said that we would be going together to meet our homies! But I was greeted by your tall ass cousin on your front door!"

"I did not fool you, okay? I only went out to grab some candies on the convenience store here by the corner."

"Oh, really? Aren't you joking around, huh?"

"I promise you that I am not," Sunwoo tells him. "Let's meet up here and I'm sorry for not telling you."

"A donut would do," Haknyeon said with a playful smile on his lips.

"Two donuts for a peace offering. Satisfied now?"

"Make it five."