sixteen

As the only thing I have are my guts.

CHANGMIN

"Just a week before our Christmas break!" Hyunjae excitedly exclaimed while shaking my shoulders. "Aren't you excited?!"

I quickly covered my ears. "Stop shouting, will you?" I told him.

"What did you say?!" he yelled loudly on purpose and I swear I lose my shit.

I quickly stood up from the bleachers and hung the strap of my backpack on my left shoulder as I started walking.

"Hey! I'm sorry! Please come back here, Changmin!"

I completely ignored Hyunjae and walked back inside the school corridors. I will be heading to the locker section of the sophomores because I still have to figure out something.

As I passed through the crossing of the school corridor, I saw Sunwoo and Eric on my right, talking about something that I don't even want to know. They will be probably heading to the bleachers where I left Hyunjae because we all meet there after our dismissal. They seemed not to notice me and I was thankful for that.

I finally reached the locker section of the sophomores and only a few of them are around. I leaned on the locker that is beside Sammy's.

"Changmin hyung!"

I looked up and saw Chenle with Renjun beside him.

"Hey," I greeted back.

"Why are you here at our building?" Renjun asked. "Are you waiting for someone?"

I nodded my head. "I'm meeting Sammy."

Renjun and Chenle exchanged a playful grin to each other before facing me again.

They're getting the wrong idea again.

Chenle nudged me. "So, you're dating Sammy, huh?"

"Stop stuffing yourself with others' business," Renjun scolded. "Sorry for that, Changmin hyung. We'll get going!" he said before dragging Chenle away.

Pfft, why would I date Sammy? Those kids are out of their minds.

"Changmin?"

"I thought you already left," I told Sammy.

"We're meeting up on the bleachers, right? Why would I leave the school alone? Sangyeon would probably scold me again."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Maybe because you wanted to ditch us."

She slightly laughed at my response and opened her locker after that.

This is it.

I stood up straight and pretended to look around, but the truth is, I was glancing at the things inside Sammy's locker. I heard her let out a sigh, so I immediately looked at her.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"Uh, nothing!" she quickly responded and slammed her locker shut, making me flinch a bit.