Chapter 19

It has been two weeks since we've moved here. I haven't gotten completely adjusted to being around Chris this frequent, but I'll eventually adapt to the new change.

I don't mean it in a bad way either. I've lived with him in the past for a while, but I'm meaning that I just haven't sat around him for this consecutive amount of days and hours despite the countless amounts of times we've seen each other since I've been back. It doesn't feel weird, it'll just take some adjusting.

We've been alternating with who picks the kids up from school, but I typically take them since I go to work later than he does.

I do enjoy and love the family times we've been able to create because lord knows I've missed this—the dinners together, weekend mornings together, talks on the way to school, and movie nights we spend and more. It's everything I dreamed of when I first got out of my coma, and it's gradually getting back to the life I once had.

Chris and I are being cordial and PG with each other despite the accidental walk ins we've done on each other. He's walked in the bathroom countless times while I was getting out of the shower and I have done so to him as well.

Mine is indeed accidental as this house doesn't have two full bathrooms so in the mornings I always tend to get up late and find myself rushing to shower only to find Chris already occupying it. We don't share the same room so I don't always know when he's not in there or not. Him on the other hand, he may purposely do it. He hasn't given me a specific impression on why, he's just a freak like that and likes to get his peeks.

But on to other stuff, splitting the bills and who buys what and who cooks when has been settled. Last night we spent three hours splitting the utilities and rent, and spent an extra thirty minutes discussing who will cook dinner. He's never been a bad cook but he isn't the best so he kept trying to throw it on me to cook most of the time, but we settled it.

"Ready?" Chris stood outside my room doorway and asked

I looked up from my phone, "Yeah!"

I slipped my phone in my purse and grabbed my jacket.

We were going to go grocery shopping since we've been ordering out all week. It's the weekend and the kids are at my mom's place so we don't have to worry about them acting crazy.

I walked down the stairs and met him in the car.

"How much food do you think we should get?" He asked

I chuckled, "Enough to feed a family of four and last." I replied

He shrugged, "That question was self explanatory." He replied

I turned the radio on to drown the silence and kept out the window while he drove.

"You remember when we first moved in our old house and we went grocery shopping, if I'm not mistaken you were pregnant with Messiah, I told you to get in the shopping cart that sat in the lot. You were reluctant but you eventually said okay and got in. I ran you all the way to the door and damn near broke my ankles." He said, following with laughter

I laughed along, "Yes! That moment was hilarious and one of my favorite memories. I didn't even know I was pregnant at the time and I threw up right before we went inside, I thought it was because of the speed from the cart but it was likely because I just ate and obviously Messiah didn't like something." 

"Wait, do you remember when we were on our way to Las Vegas but it took forever to get there despite the four hours it said it'd take, you were in your early pregnancy stage with Milani and when it was your turn to drive you pulled over in this huge ass parking lot. I woke up like "the hell you doin'?".." he paused and chuckled