Chapter 14

Chris

Rachel: I have to come get some things I left behind.
8:33 AM

I'll put it on yo grave since you dead to me.
8:32 AM

Rachel: Chris seriously
8:34 AM

I'll send it to you in the mail. I'll even overnight it.
8:35 AM

Rachel: Really
8:37 AM

Dead ass.. In two years.
8:38 AM

*blocked*

I don't know why I didn't block her before this.

I I finished getting prepared for work so I don't be late. I have a habit of procrastinating just when I can possibly be on time.

My mind continued thinking about the last time I saw Kyra. I was honestly disappointed.. more so my hopes were let down.

"Boy, was that awkward." Kyra said with raised eyebrows.

"Only for you, I like running into people and them still seeing us together." I truthfully replied

"But we're not... and I don't know if we ever will be." She replied

It was as if she took a tiny piece of my heart out and ripped it. I know she doesn't trust me just yet, but she's speaking as if there's no possibility whatsoever. She can't say that, not when she doesn't know how hard I'll begin to try. Showing up at her job for unexpected lunch dates is just the start.

I realized I was staring at her the entire time I was in thought. If only she knew what was going through my head.

"So you don't have any hope for us?" I asked as we grabbed our food.

"Not that- it's just it'll take me forever and a decade to even think to put my trust back into you again." She said

"We'll talk about this in a more private area though." She added

I nodded in agreement.

We never talked about it though. I was too deep in depth with my thoughts and feelings plus when we got back to her office she was off break, so I went on my way.

That was 3 days ago.

We haven't talked since.

I finished getting ready and went on to work to get this day over with, lord knows it's going to be hectic.

••••

I'm sweaty, tired, and my attitude is strong right now. I'll be glad when Kyra does start picking up the kids or dropping them off, cause days like this I just want to head straight home, take a shower and sleep all day.

I'm also losing out on a bit more money since I have to leave early on the days they don't have their after school programs.

"Can I call mommy when I get home?" Milani asked

"Of course."

"She said she's getting us phones next time we come over." Messiah said

"Good, so y'all can stop running up my battery then when it's time for me to make business calls my phone be dead." I said

"Yeah, I can't wait either." Messiah replied, following with an eye roll.

When we got home they got out and raced each other to the door like they typically do.