Chapter 6

I've been so busy w/ work and finals , forgive me y'all ♥️ enjoy.
Ria.

Doing better and all out of my feelings.

....I lied, I'm more in my feelings than anything these days, but I am doing better. I'm about to go back into the working field as I did before my crash and coma, which was as a manager of a clothing store. I didn't create any of the clothes, and I didn't really need the job at first being Chris willingly carried everything, It was something to pass time by and keep some money in my pockets.

I was thinking about going back to my old store I used to work at, but I know they've moved on with management and everything, doesn't hurt to give it a try though. I'll go up there once I gain the strength to pull myself out of bed.

By the way, I seen Chris's text, and I chose to ignore it. What am I supposed to say, "I'm sorry for going into a coma and making you move on, causing you to get married and have another baby on me?" I'm hurt and I don't know what to do from here. I do know for a fact that I wanna get back onto my feet so I can get my own place and get my kids back. Fuck Chris, and his "wife."

"What do you have planned for today?" Lira asked, standing in my doorway.

"I didn't plan on doing anything, but if you wanted to do something can you do me a big favor and take me up to Judy's boutique?" I asked

"Isn't that your old job?"

"Yeah, I wanted to see could I start back working up there." I said

"Don't you think it's a bit too soon for you to—"

"Lira, I've been moping around and not doing anything with my life for about a month now, how long am I supposed to sit out while mom is gone taking care of business? Don't forget I was out on my own, own everything before this crash, I'm not used to relying on someone or sitting around all day, I'll be fine." I said

"Do you think you remember your tasks and stuff?" She asked

"Of course I do, otherwise I wouldn't be attempting to go back up there. Everything has came back, except for probably a few things but that doesn't matter, can you take me or what?"

She sighed, "Sure, I'll be back in 10 minutes, that'll give you time to get ready. Let me run to the gas station." She said

"Go ahead." I said and pushed my comforter back

When she left I finally got up to do something to my hair and throw some clothes on.

I don't know why everyone thinks that I'm just incapable of caring for myself now. Yes, I've been in a coma for three years but if I think that I'm fine then they should trust that.

Lira came back within the 10 minutes she said she'd take.

I followed behind her into her car and sat in the passengers seat, allowing my mind to wander while she drove.

"Are you okay?" She asked

"Yeah, why'd you ask?"

"You've been silent the entire ride— I don't expect you to ramble on and have a lot to talk about, it just seems your mind is in another space." She said

I sighed, "I'm.. okay." I shrugged, though I truthfully wasn't. My heart was broken into a million pieces, the man that was once the love of my life had moved on before I could think of pursuing anyone else.

"Kyra, you can talk to me, tell me." She said

"It's Chris, he moved on." I said

She sighed while tapping the steering wheel, "I knew that, do you know with who?" She asked