Chapter 4

Chris

I frantically buttoned up my button-up white shirt, and tucked it into my black slacks. I'm beyond late for work.

I overslept, I was having this deep sleep with this crazy dream that I didn't wanna wake up from. Kyra had came home and we resumed things normally, we had another baby, we had an official wedding, everything was how I imagined it happening years ago before she woke up.

"What's been on your mind?" Rachel asked, damnit I forgot she was here. My mind was still wrapped around my dream and reality, Kyra is really awake.

"Nothing." I said while I pulled my arms through my blazer.

"Chris, you've been ignoring me and putting me to the side lately- is everything okay?" She asked

"Yes, everything is fine. I'm late for work." I said and grabbed my suit case and exited out of the door, leaving her in the house alone. The kids were taken to school by Rachel this morning while I still slept.

After paying attention to the road for a consecutive 10 minutes, when I got to a red light I glanced down to read my text messages. The first one was from Rachel.

Rachel: I don't like how you're treating me..is it bc of the baby? Are you backtracking and stuck on Kyra again?
11:08 AM

Shut up, you could've woke me up.
11:30 AM

I'm late as fuck, she know she could've woke me up. The kids get dropped off by 7:30 and I get up at 7 on the dot. She was there well over after both times- like I said, she could've woke me up. 

When I arrived at my office I went right to work.

Kyra

My mom has been catering to me ever since I woke up 2 weeks ago.

She's been making me breakfast every morning before therapy, and we go out for lunch afterwards. We've caught up on just about everything now but one person- Chris. Every time I bring him up, she dodges the conversation or says bits and pieces. Same thing with my kids, she doesn't even acknowledge the fact that I have any anymore.

My therapist has noticed major improvements in my leg stability and the doctor has given me the okay to drive in another week or so. I think I'll just have to make that trip to the place Chris and I share, or once shared, on my own.

Then to think about it, I may not be ready to drive just yet. The last time I drove, I was so irresponsible, careless and reckless to where I got myself into an accident that risked my entire life and impacted it majorly. I'll have to double think on me driving again, I may just catch a ride.

"You're up so early!" Lira said as she walked in with shopping bags.

"Lira, it's almost 12 O' clock, why would I not be awake at this time?" I smiled, I played with my fruit that was in my bowl.

"I just expected you to be asleep, I know you're possibly tired from therapy." She said as she placed the shopping bags on the kitchen island.

"Girl, I've been asleep for 3 years, I haven't been trying to sleep long ever since. The longest you'll catch me asleep is for the 7 to 8 hours that any human needs."

She smiled, "I agree. But, I wanted to show you a few things. I went shopping..." she paused

"And didn't pick me up anything?" I teased

"Of course I did, that's what I'm showing you."

She reached in the bag and pulled out a few pieces of clothing. The first were some tops and the rest was some jeans and sandals.