𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚂𝙸𝚇 - 𝙰𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚑

Chapter theme: 'comfort crowd' - Conan Gray

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂ 

October 30th
(Start playing chapter theme here)

      who was gonna tell him she had been waiting for this to happen. who was gonna tell this broken shell of a man who is going through a break up that his pain is a good sign for her. who was gonna tell him she loved him

it has been a few weeks since Jim broke up with pam and all the long talks she had with him made her confirm her feelings. if sad, kind of angry Jim could make her fall in love then what could Jim normal, calm, funny, charming, sexy... self do to her. she wasn't keen to find out but she knew she would have to. he was almost over her, no more long talks, no more spending every second together to numb his pain. but at least no pam. she was holding him down and now she's not, that's now I know this is the last talk. He was laying on my bed and I was sitting on the floor.

"will I even be able to enter relationships anymore? she is all I know. she treated me like shit and I don't want to treat you-" he clears his throat and smile to the side "the next person I date like that"

"well, my mother always said that 'learning a lesson is the best medicine. I didn't and still don't know if it's a valuable lesson or an excuse not to buy painkillers. I had broken my wrist." I say and we laugh

"but Jim there are two types of people. one, the people who want to pass their pain inflicted by someone to another, and two, someone who never wants to hurt another again or make them feel how they did. just my this conversation I know you're two."

He looks down sad, but somehow... complete. He looks at me and nods contently sitting up from my bed where he was laying.
      "You're leaving?" I ask and he looks at me. I think he's wondering if I mean it as a question or a plead. He's not gonna take chances though.
      "Um... do you want me to stay?" He asks and I try to snap out of it but I can't be without him, I can't.
      "No, we should probably get to bed and Maeve's gonna be back soon. Not that you shouldn't hear just that like she probably will want to sleep and like she might not want to if someone is here" I ramble, trying to save the situation.
      "Ok, see you tomorrow," he says and exits. I sigh not wanting him to leave. But I can't control these things. I turn around and see he left his hoodie. I slowly get up from the ground and make my way to the bed, undoing my tie. I remove all my clothes other than my bra and panties and pick up the sweatshirt. "Vella, this is so creepy you shouldn't" I ignore my better judgment. I don't hesitate to pick up the black hoodie. I hold it up to see that it says "Scranton, PA" I furrow my eyebrows "what a random place" I bring it towards me and slip it over me.

His smell

My heart skips a beat and flutters with joy. It smells exactly like him, not like axe body spray like most guys. He smells elegant. I bite my entire bottom lip in and close my eyes, enjoying the soft material. I walk to the mirror in the bathroom and see myself. It's so big on me. It falls past my butt, giving me the 'I'm wearing my bfs hoodie to sleep' look. I wish he was my boyfriend.

      I get into bed and shut my eyes and nuzzle into the covers with his sweatshirt on. I bring the sleeve up to my face and kiss it
      "Oh Jim, if only you knew," I whisper. I shoot up in bed when I hear a firm knock at the door... Jim! He's back for his hoodie
      "ONE SECOND" I scream pulling the hoodie off my body while running to my bathroom. I grab Maeve's robe and put it on. I look at my perfume I wear every day beside the sink, where it always is, and grab it. I spray it on the sweatshirt. I put it on the foot of the bed and run to the door to open it.
      "Hey vel" he smiles "is my hoodie here?" He looks past my head, around my dorm. Then he observes my robe.
      "Um yeah, just one sec I'll get it" I go to my bed and get it. I turn around and see he's entered the dorm.
      "Is Maeve coming back?" He asks stepping closer
      "Honestly I never know with her she could be at some girls dorm," I say looking at my feet awkwardly. I hand him the hoodie and he smiles looking down at him. He then looks at me with a straight face that's formed into a smirk.
      "What?" I laugh. He smiles shaking his head

"It's warm"

I freeze.

He knows. But what if he doesn't and he just thinks it got really hot in here for no reason, or I was sitting on it, or I- he smirked. He knows
      "And?..." I ask confused trying to save the situation.
      "We're you wearing it?" he asks and I awkwardly nodded. He steps closer and reaches his hand to my face. He rubs his thumb on my cheek before he pulls my lip down. He grabs the part of my arm near my shoulder and bends over a bit to get my lips from the side and under. I lean back a bit out of surprise but almost immediately start to kiss back, placing my forearms in his chest. He pulls me closer my the back of my head.