𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙾𝙽𝙴 - 𝙶𝚞𝚒𝚕𝚝 𝚃𝚛𝚒𝚙

Chapter theme: 'bugbear' - Chloe moriondo

      A/n that's my YT vid ☝︎︎ (after the photo) please sub or at least view it to help the algorithm. I'm saving up for something (it's important but it's private so I don't want to disclose) and need to get to 1000 sub to get monetized. Thank you :)

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂
(Start playing chapter theme here)

September 4th

As I walked down the hallway of the new preppy boarding school I'm going to attend starting Monday, "Brewster academy" I do love New Hampshire but this place gives me bad vibes. my parents followed closely behind. My brain is cluttered with all the horrible things that could happen, overlapped with the rolling of my suitcase dragging behind me. All I can say is I'm utterly overwhelmed. But I could never admit that to my parents. Yea I know how proud they are of me. I can't even imagine how hard it was for them to get into this school. I feel that I need to face my underlying guilt and know I'm the least to deserve it

Sure it was no secret no that my parents didn't have the easiest childhoods but it's no secret they are living their dream childhood (and now, teen years) through me. This would be fine if they weren't constantly shoving expectations down my throat. It was like how my friends would say their parents would always complain "oh, well when I was a kid I walked to school" but times 100. Like, imagine that but, "Vella, MY daughter, you can walk to school, you know when I was a kid it took me more time to get to school than I was even there. I had to leave at 3 am when the dessert was somewhat cool." Though I didn't have the heart to confront them about how their childhood stories are full of shit and they exaggerate so I'll feel bad and live out their dreams. It's a glorified guilt trip. Let me rephrase that, it IS a guilt trip.

At least the school is a plane ride away from Wisconsin and I'll only have to be persuaded by their stupid stories on holidays. Don't get me wrong, I'm so great full for everything I have, but this will be a nice break.

I step into my dorm and it somehow smells how like it feels to watch the first episode of a TV series you've just ended, I'm repulsed. The room is set up where when you're walking in there is two bed up against the wall to the left and a bathroom to the right. I ponder at the bathroom wide-eyed as I'm genuinely startled by its existence.

      "What the fuck?" I mutter walking in "I thought it would be like a bathroom on each floor type thing. this is top-notch"

My father nods and my mother glares at me slowly following me into the unexpected bathroom.
      "Language Vella, but same" my mother agrees

We walk out and proudly claim the bed farthest from the door seeing my roommate hasn't arrived yet. I unzip my suitcase and take out the butterfly twin bedsheet I've had since I was roughly six and put it on. My parents help finish making my bed and I unpack my clothes. I frown looking at the gross uniform that takes up most of my two drawers. The other small portion has pajamas and formal attire. So overall, my wardrobe is a complete drag.

My mom touches my cheek and smiles at me, tears collecting in her eyes

      "Oh, my sweet Velouria, you're all grown up! Going to boarding school and being all independent. It feels like we're never gonna see you again" she sniffles

      "I'm calling you tonight, 'cause you're forcing me too. And I'm only 16, you get to hold me hostage for another two years" I smile with a few slipped laughs. I could hold back my tears but I am sad. They might be a drag sometimes but they're my parents.

They both hug me goodbye and make me promise for the third time to call me before I go to sleep and I watch them call an Uber to the airport and drive away. I felt bad and yet oddly relieved.

But I know I'm about to face a whole new set of challenges that have yet to come

A/n DONT WORRY JIM WILL BE INTRODUCED NEXT CHAPTER!!!!!! Bye hoes ;)