𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴 - 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚍𝚊𝚢

Chapter theme: 'pacify her' by Melanie Martinez

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

September 5th

My eyes slowly open and my alarm clock is raging. I didn't think it would be loud. Maybe church bells or something, nope.

*BEEEEEEEEP*

Jesus, I'm up I'm up. I press the top of it and sit up. I drag myself out of bed and get my uniform on. As I gain consciousness I open my drawer and take out the blue and white uniform we are forced to wear. This schedule is hard to manage, we wake up way too early.

I put my hair in a low bun and stepped into the main room. I look at the window and see an ocean of BMWs and porches. I see a Jaguar and kind of gasp. But it's more controlled like a judgmental white mom sees a young woman not saving their shoulders for marriage and faking acting like they're trying not to act offended but are trying to pull off a new type of mean stare. But overall it's just them expressing something that has nothing to do with them and being offended.
(Start playing chapter theme here)
"Hey, Maeve?" I ask and she turns around from tying her shoes.
"Mhm?"
"Who's driving a jag? Especially since we aren't even allowed to leave campus." I asked squinting my eyes to make my eyes hurt less from the violet color.
"I'm 100% sure I know What's the licensee plate?"
"Elitebch," I say pronouncing the 'bch' how is is 'b-ch'
"Yeah that's Pam" she chuckles.
"Why didn't I guess that?"
"I don't know girl" she playfully scoffs. I turn around and see her rolling her skirt.
"What are you doing?" I ask and she finishes up and looks at me
"Rolling my skirt so it looks decent. These skirts are way too long" she comes up to me and grabs the waist of my skirt. I lift my arms and look down. She rolls it twice
"If you don't do this everyone thinks your a dick." She clears her throat.

"there" I look in the mirror attached to the bathroom door and give a wide smile
"Not too shabby," I say.
"Shoot were about to be late," I say grabbing my bag and hurrying out the door eyeing my schedule.

꧁꧂

I whip open the door to my 8:30 class and the teacher looks at me.
"Ok, you must be miss Whitlock. You're late. Just take the seat in the back." A tall man with glasses says. I plop my bag on the ground next to my desk and Sir down.
"Ok know that we're all here I would like to introduce myself. I'm am mister shrute, not mister poop, common mistake. SHUTE, and don't you forget it." He rambles pacing.

A note is passed to me. I unfold it

ʟᴏʟ ᴡʜᴏ ʜᴜʀᴛ ʜɪᴍ?

- ᴊɪᴍ

I chuckle at the note and write my own on the back.

ʙʏᴇ- ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ɪ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʜᴇs ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ɴᴜᴛᴊᴏʙ
- ᴠ

I tapped the person in front of me and motioned to Jim. It got to Jim and he laughed. Mr poop stopped in his tracks

"What is so funny?" He questioned ripping the note from his hands. He sighed and put the note in his pocket
"I'll see you and your lady friend after class," He said and continued with the lesson about grammar. Easy but I'm grateful. There is PLENTY of teachers who just jumps right into the impossible shit on the first day. Mr. Poop didn't do this, and that I thank him for.

After class

"This is English class, the grammar you used miss Whitlock is disgraceful," he says and reads it out loud pronouncing each spammed letter.
"And why are you saying a cut off goodbye and then continuing?"
Why was that what he was focusing on?
He scolded Jim about passing the note in the first case and let us go

We stepped out and burst out into laughter
"Damn Mr. Poop out here concerned about the grammar is instead of the fact we were making fun of him" I cry
"I don't think he thought it was about him" Jim wheezes. I get more serious
"That dude has no clue what's going on," I say and we continue laughing making an inside joke of saying variations of 'oh-queue-puh-Kah-sh' making fun of him trying to pronounce the spammed letters. Pam comes and my face straightens, they go to their next class and I get awkward. I see them smiling and kissing at the end of the hall before turning and moving out of my range of sight

꧁꧂

"Loving her seems tiring" I complain to Maeve, she's folding clothes on her bed and I'm just laying on mine looking at the fan spinning.
"Yeah, it probably is." She says looking at me.

A/n sorry this took longer than usual. It's like 4 am rn. These are quite long.