dont leave

eddy always stays up to shower, so when he slips next to a drooling, mumbling brett, he gets annoyed quickly.

there was a space between the two, both emotionally and physically, "brett, i'm-"

eddy stops because brett says, "eddy" sternly back, almost mad.

eddy stills his whole body, going stiff to see if brett is awake or asleep. he closes his eyes, listening closer to the sound of brett's soft breathing.

"don't leave me."

three simple words with so much meaning behind them. eddy wonders if brett thinks about that even while awake. if he'll ever leave him.

eddys mind swirls. all the self-imposed boundaries that he's enforcing even now. he wants to hold brett, but doesn't want to get hurt again.

he reaches across those very boundaries, across the emotional divide, and pulls brett into his arms. he kissed the base of his neck, trying to mend the gap that only got wider without his knowledge.

"goodnight, eddy." brett whispered to the emptiness of the room.

"goodnight, bretty, i'll make breakfast in the morning. your favorite, pancakes" eddy said snuggling deeper into bretts neck, the promise of breakfast only there as a glue to try to mend their relationship back together.

in the morning, eddy made pancakes, as promised.
———
IM SO SORRY FOR NOT POSTING IN SUCH A LONG TIME ive been trying to balance school and mental health and neither are the best right now haha!
have a good day!
~shiro