clair de lune

the piece clair de lune coming from his shitty iphone speakers.

he got up and went to the bathroom to take a shower. once he was clean, he got dressed and brushed his teeth.

eddy chen was on his way to his first day of high school. he was finally there. his first period class was his chamber orchestra class.

there was all kinds of people there, but one stuck out to him. another violinist, clad in glasses, an oversized sweater, to which he thought was adorable, and short stature, he was already taller than him.

"h-hello?" eddy said unsure of how to address the other violinist.

"hello." the glasses clad man said.

he stuck out his hand, "i-i'm eddy chen, nice to meet you."

the other violinist shook his hand and said, "i'm brett yang, likewise." they held hands a little too long and brett said, "i'm 5th chair, and i'm a second year."

eddy was startled that he was taller than a second year. "i-i'm 6th chair, and i'm a first year." eddy paused. "we're going to be deskies." he added that last part with a smile.

conversation flowed naturally between them as class started. at some point brett asked who his violin teacher was.

"anyways, who is year violin teacher?" brett said as he laid out the tchaikovsky violin concerto.

eddy read the familiar notes of the concerto. "mr. smith, you?" eddy mumbled as he read the notes.

"no way, that's my teacher too!" brett said a little too loud. everyone stared at them for a few seconds before continuing their conversations.

eddy looked away from the sheet music and looked at brett. "that's a coincidence that happens once in a million." eddy said as he looked into brett's sparkling eyes. their really pretty. he thought, wait, but i'm a guy, i can't like another guy... can i? eddy cleared his throat and looked away. "have you played this concerto before?" he said waving a hand at the tchaikovsky violin concerto on the stand.

"i haven't in concert, but i have learned it." brett said determination written on his face. how cute, eddy thought once again.

"y-yeah, i'm learning it right now." eddy's face was red and hot, he was blushing. "i'm only on the third page." eddy scratched the back of his neck and looked around the classroom.

"when did you start learning it?" brett said as he started to unpack his violin.

eddy copied brett, and unpacked his violin too. "yesterday." eddy said, nonchalantly.

brett almost dropped his violin. "yesterday?!" again everyone stared at them for a few seconds, before going back to their conversations. "it took me six seeks to get past the first page!" brett whispered.

eddy looked at brett as he got closer, and it was getting harder to breathe. "hey, it not that impressive, it still doesn't sound good."

"play it then." brett said as he folded his arms over his chest. cute, eddy thought.

eddy played the first three pages perfectly, and with every note brett and the other people in the room got closer and quieter to hear eddy play the tchaikovsky violin concerto.

once eddy stopped, the whole classroom was silent, even the teacher was amazed. "h-how was that?" eddy said, after a few seconds, of corse.

brett shouted, "that was amazing! and you said you started it yesterday?! no way!" brett hugged eddy, being careful of the violins.