Goodbye pt.2

A/n: This is going to be an different ending because I want to write about Eddy being sad and shit.

Once Eddy heard the news, he broke down. His mom understood him a let him take a few days off of school.

Eddy is sitting inside of his room when the house phone rings. He let it go to voicemail. It rings again. He lets it go to voicemail. But once it rings for a third time, he stumbles out of his room and looks at the number.

He picks up the phone, "Hello?" He croaked out.

"This this Eddy Chen?" The other voice says, and is that Brett's voice?

"Brett?" Eddy can hardly believe it.

"Uhm no this is Mr. Parker, from school?" Eddy got is wrong. He cursed himself for it.

"Oh, uh yeah this is Eddy." He said, nervously.

"Why are you not a school today? You sound fine." Mr. Parker said monotonously.

"Oh. M-my— my boyfriend— he-he k-killed—" Eddy couldn't even finish his sentence before he started to cry. "He-he killed h-himself. I-I just wanted to..." Eddy's sobs racked his body and could be heard on the other end. "take a few days off of school to recollect m-myself." Eddy finished.

"Take your time. Call me if you need it." Mr. Parker told him.

"Thank you, sir." Eddy sobbed.

"I have to go. Take care." Mr. Parker hung up the phone with a click.

Eddy slumped down the wall and put his face in his hands. After 20 minutes, he walked back to his room at the end of the hall. As he passed his the kitchen he stopped.

He stood there, thinking. He walked inside of the small kitchen, in a haze he grabbed a knife. He put it to his wrist, but he paused, tears streaming down his face. He dropped the knife and ran to his room.
———
His mom came home, she saw the knife on the floor and ran to Eddy's room.

"What happened?" She said softly once she saw Eddy on his bed balling his eyes out.

Eddy, always being the anti-social person he was, just looked at his mother with sad eyes, tear tracks prominent. "i didn't do anything. sorry." he said simply before getting up and closing his door.

years later, he "texted" brett telling him how is life was and he texted him every anniversary of his death. he had a lot of messages to brett, not a single one read.

he was a soloist, he told brett that, and he worked at a coffee shop close to the opera house. he had to work during the day or else he'd remember and if he remembered he would break all over again.

he went to the top of a building once, "too much of a pussy to jump, huh?" he said before getting if the ledge.

he was an amazing soloist. people call him "the next itzhak pearlman." his favorite piece is tchaikovsky's violin concerto because it reminds him of brett and how he played it so well.

one day when the coffee shop wasn't very busy, he thought he saw brett. sitting there. reading a book. but someone walked pasted and he was gone all the same.

"i miss you."

it was june 16, 2008. at 13:40, they left school for the day and headed to work.

"that test was hard, man." brett said as he sat down with a sigh. "too bad you'll have to take it next year."

"yeah..." eddy paused. it was brett's second year in high school. "i'm going to miss you..." he said, badly audible.

"hey stop acting like i'm going to die anytime soon."

"i know" eddy grabbed his hand and kissed the back of it, looking into his eyes.

"hey stop, we're at work." brett whispered-yelled. "people will see."

"i know."

he broke his promise.