debussy: reverie

brett walked into the unknown of the forest, his hopes low for anything exciting. he could smell the evergreen scent and the smell of the wind. it was early spring and the smell of small blooms was all over the forest.

he bent down and picked one of the small blooms. he remembered the memories of the forest.

"come on, brett!" eddy took his small hand, pulling him down the trail. "we're not going to be able to see it!"

they were smaller, about five and six. brett was wearing a rain coat, as it was going to rain later in the day. eddy was wearing some blue shorts with a green shirt that had fish on it. brett has to run to keep up with him, but he doesn't mind.

they soon near a abandoned mansion with vines going up and down the cobble of the walls. there was a garden, or the remains of one, and a table and chair with vines securing them to the ground.

eddy tugged on brett's hand, as he stopped to take in all the little details of the sight before him. "come on. it's almost time." eddy said as he pulled brett inside the house.

the sun set, and the place came alive. the faint image of people dancing and a little jazz band of about three people laying the classics. everyone was dressed every nicely and people were chatting.

brett's eyes lit up. he'd never been inside such a fancy place. he looked to the ground, which still had the grass of the forest on it. he saw a single purple bloom, sitting between his feet. he bent down carefully and picked the small bloom.

brett looked at the same bloom. it was still the same shade of purple, the stem still the same shade of green. he put the bloom behind his ear and went down the same path.

as he neared the mansion, he noticed that the chair was gone and the table laying on its side. he carefully put the table upright and saw the chair hidden in the bushes by the doors of the mansion. he put the chair back in the same place.

it was sunset already. when did it get so late? he thought to himself. then, he remembered that the mansion came alive at night. he opened the door cautiously and saw the same jazz band with the same people dancing, it was the same party all those years ago.

there was one difference though. he saw someone coming towards him. he didn't recognize them at first, but when he did he covered his mouth with his hand. it was eddy.

eddy extended his hand, "may i have this dance?" he said, bowing.

brett took his hand and eddy pulled him close. eddy put his arm around brett's waist and the danced to the tune of old jazz.

"don't worry, i miss you too. so stop crying." eddy mumbled to brett. brett wiped his face with the back of his hand.

brett sniffed, "sorry." he said.

eddy twirled him around and dipped him down, their faces almost touching. eddy drought him back up and twirled him again.

eddy put his hand between brett's shoulder blades, pushing him close. "don't be." he whispered softly.

brett was still crying and sniffing. eddy put his hand on his cheek and wiped away the tears. "i missed you so much, you know that right?" eddy said.

"i missed you too. i missed you so much." brett said between sobs.

eddy's hand still was between his shoulder blades and they were still close. the jazz pianist nodded to all the other musicians and started to play debussy's reverie. the perfect song. everyone started to slowly sway with the soft notes to the piece.

"i missed you so much."
———
hello! i know this is kind of short, but at least it's something!
i would recommend debussy's reverie if you haven't heard of it. i got this idea from their new video. once i heard this piece i had this idea.
thank you for reading!
~shiro