Chapter 9

Spencer p.o.v

Toby and I are the first ones at the hospital. I run to the front desk.

"Excuse me. Can you tell me where Emily Fields and Alison Dilaurentis are?"

A old woman with a face that looks like a raisin, stares at me over her glasses as if I came from a different planet.

"TELL ME WHERE THEY ARE!" I yell.
Toby grabs my waist.

"Spence..." he says softly in my ear. I dont pay him any attention.

"They are on the 8th floor ICU." says the lady. I don't  bother thanking her.

The elevators has a long line of people, but I don't know where the stairs are. When the elevator doors open I cut everyone and press 8. I hear a chorus of words called to me but they go in one ear and out the other, I don't have time for it.

The elevator creeps up, floor by floor. "Ugh, hurry up!" Toby kicks the wall.

And then? The elevator stops, and the lifts go out.

"Lord! Please, don't tell me we are stuck..." I groan. "Toby take out the flashlight on your phone." he feels around his pockets. Then groans.

"It's in the car."

I roll my eyes. "Of course... and mine is dead, I used the last bit of battery to text the other girls.."

~

Paige p.o.v

My heart is pounding fast. I'm running through the woods, trying to get away. If I get caught I'm dead. I have to get to the cabin. The meeting spot of me and A. We made a deal... but I screwed it up. I'm dead. I'm dead. I'm dead...

Finally, I get to the cabin. The door is unlocked. I go in and there I see him/her/it. There is no lights in here, All I can see is the outline of a person. I can tell they are wearing all black, like me. The anonymous being has on a hoody that is pulled on top of their head hiding their face.

"You dummy." says the voice. It sounds computerized. There is no gender to the tone. "You messed it all up. Mainly for you though."

My stomach is hurting. "I-I'm sorry, I d-didn't know... I-"

"SHUT UP!" The voice yelled. "I am talking."

Tears came streaming down my face.

"You caused me more problems. You ruined the plan. I don't have what I want. That is Alison DEAD. So, you don't get what you want. And? That isn't my fault. You- You shot the wrong person."

Aria p.o.v

Ezra and I find where Emily and Ali are in the hospital. They are in ICU, so that means they are in pretty bad condition. I grab Ezra's big, but soft, hand to comfort me. I really can't believe this happened. Who in the world would shoot Em? She doesn't anything to hurt people, if she ever did it wasn't on purpose.

"Aria?" I hear a familiar voice. It's Hanna.

"Hey Hanna," I get up and hug her.

"Any news on the girls?" She asks.

I shake my head. "Nope. No one came out here yet. Maybe in a little bit though." Hanna sighs.

"Not to be like, self centered or anything... but like, I got Spencer's text before I was finished with my mani pedi. So, my toes aren't dry, and the big toe is messed up... and my nails are half dry and no where near done."

I roll my eyes. "I think our best friends in critical condition is worse than your nails. Just saying." Hanna sighs loudly and plops down in the soft waiting room chair across from me and Ezra.

"Where is spencer?" I ask after about 15 minutes. "She's the one who texted us." I have a premonition that something happened to her and Toby, but I quickly put it out of my mind.

"Hmm. I dunno. But she should be here. I'll text her, you call Toby." Hanna said as she pulled out her phone.

I dial Toby's number. All it does is ring, and ring, and ring.

"No answer." I say.

Hanna purses her lips. "My message didn't send to Spencer."

Ezra pats my hand.

"I'm sure they're fine." He says reassuringly.

Hanna gets  up. "I'm going to the food court. Wanna come Aria?" I nodded.

"You staying here?" I asked Ezra. He nodded. "In case the doctors come."

Hanna and I walk until we reached the elevators. A hand scribbled note is taped on the doors. It reads: Out Of Order! Hanna sighs.

"Looks like we are taking the stairs." I say.

Hanna rolls her eyes. "Lets go."

We go to walk away when Hanna stops.

"I thought I heard someone in the elevator." Hanna says pressing her ear against it. I follow her action and put my ear to it too. I don't hear anything.

"Hanna you need to eat. Let's go." she takes her ear off and we go to the food court.