Chapter 25

I don't really like this chapter, but ya know🚶
///

Hanna p.o.v

I go back to the house, but before I go in I wipe my face, and take a deep breath. hopefully I don't look too horrible.

"Hey guys!" I say maybe too cheerful.

I see Aria glance at Spencer. "Um, hi Han," she says.

"Is wren still here?" I ask and they nod. "Why?"

Before they can answer me, he comes from the kitchen with cookies and says, "hey Hanna,"

I wave.

"How are you?" He asks smiling that smile that makes me just... never mind.

"Fine." I say, looking at my shoes like they are most interesting thing I've ever seen. He gets that I don't want to talk to him, and he passes out cookies to everyone but me.

I zone out for god knows how long, and when I time back in, wren is leaving. I should be happy. But I'm not.

"I'll be back tomorrow," he says, and he glances at me. My face turns hot and my stomach starts doing backflips.

"Goodnight," he says and he leaves.

We sit in silence.
"Hanna..." says spencer, and I already know what she is gonna say. "What happened?"

"Nothing," I say quickly. then I change he subject, "Where is Ezra and Toby and Ali and Em?"

"We should be asking where is Caleb." she says raising her eyebrows.

"Well since you must be so nosey, I left because wren came, and Caleb was mad. He thought I still had feelings for wren...." I stopped and blushed thinking if I wanted to tell them I did, even though I'm not 100% sure. I decided not to.
"I told him I didn't. But I did say that wren and I.... kissed."

"You what?" Asked spencer even though she heard me.
"Omg" says aria shaking her head.

"I know. It just happened. But Caleb thinks I still have feeling for him." I say running my fingers through my hair.

"But guys, I don't wanna talk about it. please."

They nod.

Why is life so confusing?

Emily p.o.v

*Dream*

I'm standing in the woods.

I am blindfolded, and someone's hands are holding mine behind my back.

I fall, and the person holding me falls.

I roll and wince as sticks and stones cut my face and arms and legs.

I can see now. I look up and A is running toward me. I get up and try to run, my my feet feel like someone tied cinder blocks to them. I can't go anywhere.

As the hooded figure gets close, I can finally see the face. It's paige.

"Paige! You came to save me!" I say I'm excitement.

"No. I came to kill you!" She says in a computerized voice.

Chills form on my arms, and instead of them being little, regular chill bumps, they grow bigger and bigger.

I start screaming, and paige still doesn't help me. The bumps pop, and a hear the word "guilty" come from out of them in a tiny aggravating voice.
How?! I ask myself.

Tears pour from my eyes. Then Ali, Toby, Caleb, and Ezra appeared holding guns.

They all started shooting at paige.

I watch in horror as she falls to the ground.

I go up to her.

"Paige! paige! No, I'm sorry!" I cry.

I look at her face, it looks regular like she is sleeping. She looks calm, and peaceful.

All of a sudden her face crumbles away, and she looks like something straight out of the walking dead.

Her mouth is just a gaping hole, looking like it will swallow me whole in one bite. Her eyes are just holes too.

She starts chanting, "You killed me! YOU! YOU! YOU! You killed me! YOU! YOU! YOU!", over and over.

Alison walks over to me and whispers. "I'm glad she's gone," and disappears.

I scream, and cover my ears, but I can't escape her voice.

Not now.
Not ever.

Then, somehow, we are all at Spencer's house, everyone seems normal, they are just laughing and talking.
Ali is wearing the biggest smile of all.

The news is on. I'm watching in horror as the the news anchor says,
"Hikers have found the body of Paige McCullers in Threadhill park. It looks like she was shot. And we all know it was you, Emily fields. You killed her. It's your fault. If you would've just stayed with her..." She shakes her head. "The whole world hopes the guilt kills you."

Everybody in the room starts laughing,
"Emily did it!"
"Wow, she's a real devil eh?"
"That's so mean!"
And I pull Ali's voice from all if the cacophony.
"I'm glad she's gone."

*end of dream*

I force my eyes open. My heart is beating so fast, I feel like it might burst.

I look beside me, at a peaceful Alison, sleeping... not knowing that she helped feed the fire of that dream.

Before we went to sleep, she whispered the same thing she said in my dream,
"I'm glad she's gone."

Does this mean Ali wanted paige dead? Or, was it just her drinks talking?

No one is in here but me and Ali. I guess they decided to crash downstairs.

I get up and pace the room, as paranoia captures me in a cold embrace.
What about the body? What will we do?
We can't leave it there, someone will find it.

What if my hair is on her? A piece of skin, spit, tears, anything!

I have to get the body. I have to.