Chapter 27

Emily p.o.v

"There is no body..." I say. my brain feels like it will burst any second. I can feel my heartbeat in every part of my body.

"No Emily. There is a body.There has to be a body. Right?" She starts looking around again.

I just sit on the ground like a rock.

I go through the possibilities I'm my mind.

Someone could've found her...
That's really bad.

A could've found her...

She could've got up and left...

I laughed aloud at the last part.

Like she could've just got up, and left. She was dead!

I seen her get shot.

But then again, in rosewood.. people just don't die.

-

"What do you mean there is no body?" cries Spencer.

I just explained everything to Spencer, Aria, Toby, and Caleb. Everything as in drunk Ali, my dream, what happened before I chose Ali, and there being no body.

"Spencer, what do you think no body means?" Hanna says squinting.

"We went there, and we looked everywhere, and there is no body. She is gone." I say.

Aria shakes her head in disbelief. "Maybe we should all go and check again."

"Yeah, because the body will reappear out of no where like, 'all of you looking made me finally come back! Whoo hoo!' " says Caleb sarcastically.

"Guys, this is bad. What if someone did find her body. Then what?" Spencer asks with her eyes wide.

"Then we are all going down for murder." says Toby sighing.

Just then Alison comes down stairs.

I shift uncomfortably in my seat, as her saying she is glad paige is gone replays in my mind. I know I shouldn't hold it against her, but it's hard to just let go. There could have been some truth in words.

"Hey guys," she says groggily. We all wave.
"Why does everyone look so... glum?"

I explain to her that Paige's body is gone. I don't tell her what she said last night though.

"Wow, that's crazy." is all she says about it. "My head hurts, I'm gonna go for a walk. I feel hungover, but I don't remember drinking..."

We just look at each other.

She gets her stuff on, and leaves the house.

Ali p.o.v

Everyone seems weird this morning. I don't know why, and my head feels like it is clogged with cotton balls.

Now that I think, I don't remember last night. That's weird. I'll ask Emily to catch me up later.

I'm walking toward the park. I'll go there and sit on the bench for a while to clear my head.

I get to the park and sit down on the bench. It's sunny, but chilly outside.

I close my eyes, and try to remember last night. I don't remember anything, no matter how hard I try. No matter how deep I dig into my clogged mind.

Then I hear something. I open my eyes, scanning the park for any life but my own. I don't see anything, so I close my eyes back.

Crunch,
Crunch.

I shoot my eyes open again.. I look around. Nothing.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid. I should go back to Spencer's house now.

I decide to take the shortcut through the woods so I can get there faster.

I walk pass thick bushes, and into the woods that separated me from the rest of my friends.

I swear someone is following me.
I hear the steps.

I start to speed walk, then jog. I can hear my heartbeat in my ears, and my hands are shaking.

Not paying attention, I trip and hit my face on a sharp stone. I bring my hand up to my face, and I feel my thick warm blood.

I go to get up, when someone jumps on my back. "Ahh!" I scream out in shock.

The person on my back wraps their arm around my throat and starts squeezing tight.

My whole body is shaking uncontrollably.

"Please..." I whisper with my last breaths. "Let.. g-go."

My vision starts to go black around the edges, and my eyes water, making everything blurry.

I feel my heart slowing, and my body relaxing. Then everything goes black and it stays that way.

Calm.

If this is what death feels like

I would've went a long time ago.