Chapter 7

Ali p.o.v

"Emily!" I hear the boom, I see the blood, I feel the car go out of control. I see her, limp. Blood coming from her back.

"Emily! Em! Wake up!" I call to her. Tears were pouring from my tear ducts like rain pours from rain clouds during a storm. "Baby I need you. I need you. Please em!" Her tone swimmer body lay over the steering wheel.

I touch her cheek, it feels cold. I touch her neck, feeling-and hoping- for a pulse. I hold my own breath. I can feel a soft, faint, irregular beat. That's better than nothing, but very bad. I try to open my door, but its jammed. Probably because the car flipped so many times.

"AHHHH!" I scream in rage, irritation, and hurt. The car is wrecked. I hear a faint sound.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

I don't know a lot about cars, but I knew enough to know the car was about to catch fire.

"Em!" I called still trying to keep her up. I pulled my legs from under the dash board. I felt a sharp pain in my knee. I have no time for pain.

I gather all my strength and kick the windshield repeatedly until it broke. I reach over to Emily and grab her under her arms. I pull as hard as I can trying not to hurt her. "Come on Baby, I got you. I promise I will do whatever to keep you here with me. I love you. Nothing will take you from me. No. Not now. Not ever."

I feel tears coming uncontrollably out of my eyes.

I get Emily out of get seat and across my lap. I try to get her laying on my seat and my lower half out the windshield so I can pull her out.

I smell the smoke before I register what's happening. I look up and the back of the car is on fire. "Come on Em, we can do it." I talk to her unconscious body.

I get my lower half out of the car and grab Emily under her arms. I pull and pull. Her body is sliding out of the car.
Finally, we are both out.

I hold her and slide off the hood of the car. I have to get her away before we both die. I always imagine dying with Emily, but when we are old and the cause of death not being a tragic freaking car crash. Not Emily shot and unresponsive, and us being blown up into tiny unrecognizable pieces.

I drag myself and Emily into the mini-woods on the side of the road. just as I get behind a thick oak tree, the car explodes. Glass and chunks of metal fly all around.

I hold Emily on my lap. "I love you baby. Don't leave me, okay? I need you, I do." Seriously. I don't exist if I don't have her, the sun doesn't shine and the world doesn't turn.

The ambulance and fire department come. I didn't notice until they took Emily and put me on a stretcher.

"Emily?" I ask. My head is spinning. I can barley see or feel the EMT. Everything is a daze.

"She's in the Ambulance, okay?" says the voice. I don't even know if it was male or female. I think I nodded. Maybe not.

A silent inky blackness clogs my brain as I lose feeling of everything.