Chapter 36

Ali pov

"What did you dream about?" I ask softly. Emily just looks at me and shakes her head.

"It was nothing."
I sigh

If something is bothering her, I don't want her to bear it alone. "You can tell me, baby. It's okay not to be okay. If something is wrong, you can tell me."
She doesn't look at me and she doesn't say anything, so I decide to drop it.

"So um, do you want to eat or something?" She shakes her head.

"Nah, I'm okay."

I look at her. I honestly don't know what to do. Whatever she dreamt about must've been pretty bad. I wish she would just tell me what's wrong.

We sit quietly for a little bit. The air feels heavy. I can still see that she still isn't okay. I put my hand on her thigh, and she looks at me.

"I'm scared," she whispers.

"I know.it's okay, you're okay, I'm okay... everyone and everything is fine." I hug her.

"Everything isn't fine, what about Paige? Sooner or later people will find out what happened and we'll all be behind bars." Emily starts crying.

"Nobody will know. The body is gone, and if we didn't hear anything about it so far then..."

Emily pulls away. The look in her eyes makes my stomach drop.

"Listen to yourself." Her voice is low and eerie. "The body is gone, and we haven't heard anything. This is a small town and people talk. Why haven't we heard anything? Why didn't the cops come and take us away?"

I sit there, thinking about it. "I don't know."

"Because it wasn't the cops who took her. Someone else did. And who is the only person in this town who would want a dead body?"

I don't answer, even though I know the answer.

"A. A has the body, and now it's going to be used as ammunition. It's either do what A wants or the body gets turned in." Emily isn't looking at me anymore.

"Em, stop. Thats not--"

"No! It's true, what else could be going on? What else is the reason that everyone who was in the woods that day isn't wearing orange jumpsuits and eating mystery meat off of metal trays?" Emily is hysterical now.

"Emily just-" I try to grab her, but she gets off the bed and leaves the room.

I don't know what to do.
I really don't know.

Alison p.o.v

Emily goes downstairs. I don't follow her.

I glance at the clock. 6:15 am, that's early enough for us to go to school.

School. it seems like we haven't been there in ages. I grab my phone and I text the girls.

School today?

They all apply with yeses.

I quietly walk downstairs, and I find Emily balled up on the couch. I walk over to her and I stand there looking at her.

"Em?" I say softly. She looks up at me, her eyes bloodshot.

"Do you want to go to school today?"
She shrugs.

"Are you going ?" She asks.

"We all are... but if you don't want to go, we don't have to go back today."

She quickly gets up.
"No, no I'm fine. Lets go."

We get dressed in silence, and by time we are done its 6:55, time to leave the house.

"I'll drive," I say but Emily shakes her head.

"I want to," she says grabbing the keys and going outside. I make sure the door is locked and I follow her to my car.

"Are you sure you want to go to school?" I ask again.

"I said I'm fine,"

I know she isn't fine, but I don't argue.

The ride to school is similar to when we were getting dressed, but in the car it's not dead quiet since the radio is on.

At school Hanna, Aria, and Spencer wait for us in the front.

Emily walks up and greets them, "Good Morning guys," and she fakes a smile. We all look at each other.

"What?" Emily asks defensively.

"Nothing," Aria lies quickly.

"I'm going to class," Emily stalks off into school.

"What's up with her?" Spencer asks as we start toward the school.

"She had a dream last night. She wont tell me what about but it scared like mess out of her. I think it has something to do with The Paige Thing."

The girls stayed quiet. We were all nervous about The Paige Thing, but we hoped for the best. Like I said, the police didn't come for us by now so we are okay... for now.

"Emily was worried that A has the body and is going to use it against us but I think if A wanted to use the body against us it would've happened by now." I explain.

"There is still the possibility that she isn't dead." Aria says quietly and we stop walking and look at her.

Spencer P.o.v

"In rosewood, people's don't just die." Aria says, "I mean- no offense but look at you Ali."

I cringe.

"Yes. I was 'dead' but this is different. Why would she fake her death?" Ali says slightly defensive.

Why did YOU fake YOUR death Ali?
I think to myself because we still don't know the full story on her. I bite my tongue and say,

"Maybe she wants us to think she is gone so we let our guard down."

"Funny. I haven't let my gated down since... wait I never let it down," Hanna says.

"How can you let your guard down when there is two psychos on the loose?" Aria asks.

"I dunno, but we should get to class."

Ali p.o.v
We all split up and go to our classed I have English 1st period.

I don't really pay attention until the teacher says that we will be assigned partners for a project.

She starts calling our names and I hear mine finally. "Alison and Kiera."

I look around the class and I see a girl looking at me. She is shorter than me by a few inches. She has chin length blonde hair and piercing blue eyes that slam it remind me of my own.

Kiera stands up and comes over to me.

"Um hi, Alison." She seems nervous, I don't know why but I try to make her comfortable.

"Hey Kiera. I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention, do you know what we are doing for this project?"

She smiles a little. "Book report in the form of an essay or power point,"

I nod.
"Okay, when do you want to start working on it?"

"I don't know. I have to work after school, but if I can get out of it I'll let you know,"

I smile at her, "okay, nice to meet you,"

"You too,"

Kiera goes back to her desk. She seems nice, but sometimes even nice people scare me in rosewood.