Chapter°Twenty-five

It was the most generic couple thing we did, but I enjoyed it. I lied my head on Riley's lap while we watched old Christmas movies and drank hot chocolate. It was perfect this was perfect, but I still don't know what to get her for Christmas and it didn't help that tomorrow was Christmas Eve.

"Should we do one more generic Christmas thing for couples tomorrow?" I asked and I heard her hum against my ear."Like what? There a lot of things we could do." She sipped her hot chocolate and sighed."Then the next generic couple thing we could do is, ice skating." I think I said that a little too proudly, because she began to laugh."Do you even know how to ice skate?"

I turned to the T.V to think a little. I ice skated with my mom a lot when we lived in New York. We didn't always live in Alia, Florida, but this is still another place I wish to never leave, now that Riley was here that is. Regardless though the rest of the people here kinda suck.

Just as we had planned we decided to go ice skating and I truly forgot how terrible I was. I kept slipping and loosing my balance and all Riley did the whole time was laugh at my struggling. We skated until the snow set and our feet began to hurt. It was an outdoor ice rink so by the time night hit it became colder.

We decided to eat warm cookies and watch the Christmas lights beam brighter."Wow, the years almost over." Riley said and a shivering voice. I sighed and stared at the dark sky. I dug in my pocket and pulled out an origami that was the shape of a fox. She looked at me surprised when I handed it to her. "When did you get this?" She observed the fox in amazement, tracing her fingers around the creases of the paper animal.

"I saw you looking at them the other day, I knew what you wanted, but you're very hard to read sometimes." She laughed and smiled at me."Is that so?" I nodded and she took a bite out of her cookie again. That's when an idea came into my head. An idea that was very reckless and stupid, but I decided to roll with it."If I asked you, would you run away with me?"

Her eyes became wide and her expression read disbelief."Aren't already asking me that?"I turned to look at the sky again, my eyes searched for any trace of hidden stars."I guess I am, would you like to get away with me?" She scoffed in disbelief again, she looked around her and then me."Where would we go?" 

"Anywhere but here. I don't want to stay here with my annoying family or having the chances of running into Seven again or even seeing my math professor. I just want to get away with you." I looked into her glistening dark brown eyes and her smile suddenly began to show."The chances of running into Seven are low, there's no way I'd see him again." She quickly took another bite of her cookie and huffed with a frustrated tone.

"But what if you did run into him? What if you ran into him and I wasn't there, what would you do?" She took a few seconds to answer and she finally wrapped her cookie up in it's plastic bag." I have no idea, I don't know what I would do. I'd probably just stand there or run the other direction. But you've saved me from him so much, that I would probably expect to leap out of nowhere." She grinned to her self and I could hear my thoughts swimming in my brain.

"Then we should run away, and we could go wherever you want." I had obvious hopefulness in my voice, but she was still hesitant."But why so suddenly?" I paused and looked at her sternly."We don't have to if you don't want to." I said and she looked like her mind had visibly wandered.

"Who said I didn't want to? I just wanted to know what's the rush." I began to laugh and she glared at me irritated."Then let's go,  when the next semester ends, just before summer starts, we'll leave, and we'll go wherever you want." She nodded her head happily.

"But should we tell my parents? What about your brothers?" Her face suddenly looked panicked."We don't have to tell anyone, what would we benefit from anyway? Were grown adults." She began to laugh and show her bright smile.

She sighed with relief and sat up in her seat."Where should we go?" I looked to the side to think,"Let's go to New York, we'll make a living and I could provide for us too." She shook her head and sighed."Let's go live somewhere that would be unusual."

"Let's go live in Las Vegas." She said and her smile was so bright that I couldn't even refuse."Let's go to Las Vegas and never go back." She nodded happily and unwrapped her cookie to take a bite out of it."Merry Christmas Riley."

"Merry Christmas, Liam"