Chapter Twenty-two

I never really thought about it, but when it comes to confessing people seem to do that a lot to me. I've acknowledged the confessing, but I've never really thought about it. I think ever since my last year of high school, I've become numb, I had no feeling towards anyone. They all had the same face, the same feelings, the same actions.

So my teenager self felt like I could just take advantage of that. If I told my teenager self that we were so popular that we even got stalkers I wouldn't believe you and I still don't believe it. No matter how much I look at my boring self in the mirror I don't see anything that could make me stand out.

I was and still am, plain looking.

The last thing I thought I would be doing today is stalking my stalker. I can't seem to understand it, liking someone to the point of stalking is absolutely crazy to me, who could like someone that much? Just as Riley had told me to I left school earlier  and I camped out in my car behind a brick wall, I was in a dark area so it was perfect for hiding.

I don't even know how long I have o wait out here and I don't know if they'll even come or not. Slowly time started to pass by. I had moved to every seat in my car just to keep myself entertained. I even listened to the radio, which I normally do. 10 minutes turned to 20, and 20 suddenly became an hour.

I stared at my front door waiting, I just wanted something to pop out from nowhere.I didn't mind if it was a cat,  or an animal, I just needed an excuse to leave my car. A few more minutes had past and nothing happened, until I saw someone dressed in all black walk up to my front porch. I immediately scrambled to get out of my car. I made as little noise as possible. Once I was sure they didn't hear me I walked slowly towards them and then I ran at my full speed.

I tackled them to the ground and I turned them around to face them towards me. 

A girl?

"Liam! I can explain, just wait a second--" She tired to say, but I raised my hand and slapped her. There was a red mark on her face from my hand. What she was about to say immediately made her silent."Whatever you say won't get you out of going to jail, you gave me a heart attack these past few weeks." At first she didn't say anything, but hold her face in shock."Speak up, you've go 10 minutes."

She glared at me and sighed, I still held her to the ground so she couldn't move."After a rumor went around that you had a crush on someone, I had to figure  it out for myself. That same day I went to confess to you, but you kept looking  at that girl. I was the one who yelled to the whole school about your crush, you probably don't remember, but I have never been more angry.  I decided to make you fall for me by giving you gifts, but you never sent me one back, I became angry things weren't going my way and I was so mad, you're lucky Liam." She looked me in the with a disgusted look.

"How am I lucky?" 

"If you hadn't shown up I would've gone to your girlfriend next, I heard she lives with only one parent?" She said in a sinister voice. I looked at her angrily, did she just threaten Riley in front of my face? I picked up my phone from out of my pocket and called the police. When they arrived I didn't hesitate to hand her over. I've never been so disgusted of someone in my life, the fact that she went this far just to get me to fall for her is absolutely insane, I never want to her face ever again.

Without realizing it, the clock on my watch had read midnight and suddenly I felt tired, I unlocked the door of my house and collapsed on my bed. I had already cleaned the honey off of my ceiling before the stalker got here. Now that she knows where I live should I move? There's a great chance that once she leaves jail she could come back to my house at any time.

Before I was about to fall asleep of exhaustion my phone rang,"The news just covered that they arrested a stalker, I'm glad you could catch them." I immediately recognized Riley's voice and I perked up in my spot."I sure did, so I have a small favor to ask." She was silent for a moment, but answered quickly,"What is it."

"In less than a week, Christmas day will be here, and if you don't mind, I'd like to spend it with the girl I love." And I heard the beautiful laugh on through the phone,"Of course I'll spend it with you." She said and I could just imagine the smile on her face. Soon our short conversation came to an end and I suddenly felt tired again.

I felt so relieved and so in love.

I don't even remember what life was like, before I met Riley. I bet it was extremely miserable and boring. 

I don't even want to think about it.