Chapter°Six

Daylyn stared at me with an angry expression, I definitely pissed him off this time. On our way back to our shared apartment, he had seen Riley at the get together and I knew that he knew, that I knew he knew.

Let's just say that, he knows I talked to Riley and he knows whatever excuse that's gonna come out of my mouth isn't going to work so I just sat there in front of him, while the taxi driver drove us home."I can't believe you right now, after everything and you still think talking to this girl is a good idea?" He said and I sighed."Listen it's not like she's tied down to him, all I have to do is get her to leave him for me."I said proudly and Daylyn angrily slapped my arm enough for the driver to look at us in the rear view mirror with a worried expression.

"You have to be the stupidest and dumbest person to ever walk the face of this earth, who in their right mind goes after someone who's taken?" He looked at me as if I had gone crazy, which I haven't. When we arrived home there was a pink package with a heavy amount of tape on it."Did you order something recently?" I asked  as I picked up the package to inspect it.

"No, did you?" Daylyn asked and we both looked at each other then looked around us.

"Free stuff I guess."

"I don't think we should open it." Daylyn as he stood behind the couch and watched me rip open the package eagerly with scissors."Come on Day, stop being a wimp, I'm sure it's nothing too crazy." I said as I finally got the last piece of tape off of the package."A ripped up teddy bear?"

When I opened the box it revealed a a brown teddy bear that looked like it had been sliced down the middle. I turned the teddy bear on its back when I saw a tiny folded pink note pinned to it. I took the paper off, opened it, and read aloud,"Dear, Liam Henry and Daylyn Finn, I've admired you both since high school, but you've never noticed me, I had the same classes with you both every year, but even then you never spared me a glance. Liam has always been kind and considerate, while Daylyn has been soft and gentle. All I want is to be loved, but Liam's too busy chasing that ugly  black girl, and Daylyn is probably too busy hooking up with his ex's. But it doesn't matter, because I will make you mine. I even gave you my heart. Love, D <3"

I looked back at Daylyn in horror after reading that letter."Do we have a stalker now?" I asked Daylyn ran his hands through his hair as he was trying not to freak out."What do we do? I can't have a stalker already, I mean if it was only for you that wouldn't be the first, but me, what did I do to deserve this?" Daylyn said as he paced the living room.

"Calm down okay, we can probably find out who they are. They said their name was D," I said as I looked around the box again."All they left was the letter D, how many people's name's start with a D that attend our university?"

"More than we know?"

"Obviously."

"Then I'd say more than 20." Immediately Daylyn ran his hands though his hair from frustration."I can't deal with this right now, I'm going to bed." He said as he started walking towards the hallway."But what about  the letter--"

"I said tomorrow!"

And with that I heard a loud slam of his door and the picture frame on the wall next to me had fallen due to the impact. Now this is just great, almost every girl at my university knows me, and it's frustrating that I even have to hide who I like just so people could leave me alone. What exactly did I do for people to like me so much?

Was it my brown hair? Do girls like brown hair that much, that they would even go as far as to stalk me? Or is it the way I talk? They always label as a gentleman, but I don't think that's a good reason to stalk someone. There's gotta be at least one decent reason, you can't just stalk someone without a good reason right?

Maybe I'll never know why, because I've never been a stalker myself. I wonder why people do it, why can't they just talk to that person? Why is it so hard to talk to someone?

Why is it so hard to talk to Riley? Why is it so hard to impress her? She's like the one thing I can't get without taking two more steps ahead. Riley is everything I never knew I would want so bad. She's pretty, she smiles a lot, and she isn't head over heels for me.

Man, this girl has me wrapped around her finger.

I stared at the stuffed bear angrily. I just don't have the will to tell her how I feel yet, we barely know each other, she has a boyfriend, and Day already disapproves of her, and most of the time Days right. He always gets me out of trouble anyway, so maybe he's right about this time. Maybe I should stop, maybe it's best I leave her alone.

But then again I was never the one to listen to what he had to say. I always rebelled against him and did whatever I wanted and he eventually pulled me out of it.

So I'll just do it again, I'll just do what I want this time and then if it goes horribly wrong he'll just pull me right back out of it and we'll pretend it never happened. Just like we always do. He's always got my back no matter what, I can count on him to get me out of it.

Just  like he always does.