Chapter°Eight

"You know you stare a lot right?"

I snapped out of my trance when Riley spoke to me. I guess she was right, I do have a staring problem don't I? But she was just so breathtaking, I just have to look at her every chance I get. Her braids were tied back and her eyelashes were long and visible."Sorry about that." I said as I started looking at what she was writing.

"How much do you know about Pluto?" She asked and I avoided my eyes from hers to think. All I was doing was trying to answer something I didn't know."I have no idea." I said as I smiled at her innocently."Well, let's start by saying that Pluto isn't considered a planet, so there's really only 8 planets in our solar system."She said as her hand swiftly guided her pen on her paper from left to right.

"If Pluto isn't considered a planet anymore than why did your mom go there?" I asked her and her face suddenly looked sad. Great, I messed up again."Pluto was always forgotten about, because it wasn't considered a planet, so my dad says my mom went to keep it company." She said as she looked at me with her dark brown eyes."That means she also lives with the stars." I said and she smiled slightly."I guess so."

After a while we didn't say anything to each other. I didn't know what else to say. I never thought about what would happen to me and my brothers if we suddenly lost mom. She was the only one I was closest to in my family. I don't what I'd do if I suddenly lost her. How would I have turned out? I'd probably be forced to listen to my dad and his twisted ways to inherit the company.

None of my brothers plan on inheriting the family company. No one even likes to deal with business. My oldest brother is a professional painter, my second oldest brother is a scientist, my third oldest brother ran away from home, and my fourth oldest brother is studying to become a surgeon and the medical field, and I'm studying to become a computer scientist. Were all so different and all he wants is someone to carry on his so called legacy. What good would it do us anyway? Will he gain the satisfaction that one of his sons actually listened to him?

That won't happen anytime soon.

"Liam, are you free this weekend?" I looked up at Riley and she had hopefulness in her eyes."Yes, of course, I'm totally free this weekend." I said a little too quickly."Would you like to go to the carnival with me?" She said as she smiled brightly."Of course I'll go, I'll go anywhere you want to go." I said excitedly, but I felt worry creep into my mind.

I didn't question her about whether or not her boyfriend was okay with it But to be honest, I din't really care if he was okay with it or not. All I was concerned about was what I was gonna wear. She practically asked me out, which is rare for me agree to for any girl, but I'll definitely make an exception fro Riley."Guess I'll see you tomorrow at 5? When the sun just begins to set."

I smiled at her warmly,"Of course, I'll see you there." She smiled at me brightly before returning back to her work. I wasn't really a big help in the project, but a least I get to sit with her. She's slowly letting me into her bubble, meaning she's finally opening up to me.

"You're not hanging out with me this weekend? Why not?" Daylyn when I saw him again. He magically appeared at home after not seeing him all day."Are you ditching me?" He asked and I rolled my eyes."I should be asking you the same thing, why'd you ditch this morning? I didn't see you all day." I asked him while my eyebrows furrowed."Me? Ditch you? You ditched me!" He said and I scoffed.

"No I didn't, I didn't ditch you, you went up and left me like you had something better to do." I said and stood up from the couch and walked over to where I was standing angrily."I've told you countless times, that you're getting no where with  that girl, all you've been doing is hanging out with  someone who's already taken."He said and I looked at him in disbelief."Riley? I told you, it's not like she's married, she also seems like she's liking me back." I said sounding proud.

"All these years I have been doing nothing but clean after you, every time you make a mess you expect me to clean up  after you, I followed you in high school and now college and this is what I get?"He said and only shock was visible on my face."Day what are you talking about?"

"I'm done, I'm done cleaning up after you, I'm done fixing you're mistakes for you. Clean it up yourself. Have fun this weekend. See you Monday." He said before grabbing his coat and keys and leaving the house. The door slammed close loudly, shaking the picture frames.

I looked in the mirror and stared at myself. I think I made a really big mistake.

Daylyn cleans up after me? When has he ever done that? I mean he's always there when I put myself in some weird scenario, but I wouldn't say he cleans up after me. Now that I think about Daylyn rarely talks about himself, he always ask questions that are centered around me. Now that I really truly think about it I never did change one bit from high school. 

I'm still the Liar, Cheater, and heart-breaker that everyone knows so well.

I didn't change at all.