Chapter°Seven

"Liam, I like you."

"Why?"

She looked at me confused and laughed awkwardly. As soon as I got to school the next day another short girl had decided to confess to me, but today I wanted to ask her why. Why do you like me? You know absolutely nothing about me, so why do you like me?

"Well, because you kind and generous, and your a gentleman." She said as her ears turned red slightly. She looked up at me and smiled."Is that really it? Why do you--"

"Liam!" I turn around to see Daylyn run towards me."Why'd you leave so early? And without me too?" He said and his eyes slightly squinted at me when he saw the girl in front of me."Sorry we have class soon, Liam can't talk with you right now." He said as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and started pulling me past her."I can't let you break more than two hearts a week."

"If that's the case then she would've been the second one this week."

"I'm trying to limit you to one." He said and I rolled my eyes."By the way, what were you about to ask her?" 

"I was gonna ask her why she liked me, all everyone says is that I 'm kind and generous, but they  hardly know a thing about me, I wanted to hear something different for once." I said as I looked at the walking pattern of my feet."You really have changed, and for what? For Riley?"

"Yes, for Riley, it's always for Riley, who else could it possibly be?" I rolled my eyes, but stopped when I saw Riley in the hallway. She smiled when she saw, but my smile fell when I saw who she was standing next to. He noticed who she was looking at and started to glare at me.Why are they always together? I mean I get that their dating, but do they have to be next to each other all the time. I barely see her by herself.

"I wonder what it's like to be in love." Daylyn suddenly said while I stared at him confused."What do you mean, you practically fall for any girl that looks at you--"

"I'd greatly appreciate it if you didn't expose me every five seconds." he said angrily, when suddenly his face lit up. I Looked up to see that Riley was walking towards us."Riley." I said as I smiled at her. She smiled brightly and brushed her long braids off of her shoulder."Well, if it isn't the girl my best friend is head over heels with." Daylyn said as he eyed Riley. She looked at him annoyed before turning back to smile at me.

"So Liam, after classes maybe we could work on the project? Are you free?" I immediately took Daylyn's arm off my shoulder's and smiled at her excitedly."Of course, I'm free, I'm always free, never been more free." I said and I could feel Daylyn's eyes glare at me."Alright I'll see you later then." She said before turning on her heel and walking in the opposite direction. 

"I really despise the way the way you treat me sometimes. So I take it that you're ditching me to hang with her after classes?" He said, sounding bitter.I laughed at him and rolled my eyes,"We're just doing a project for class, no big deal." He stared at me disapprovingly for a second, before shaking his head at me."Whatever you say, I'm skipping today so don't wait for me." 

"Where are you going?" I yelled to him, but he acted like he couldn't hear me and kept walking towards the entrance doors. Why is he so sour about everything that's going good for me? He needs to learn how to loosen up a little.

"Hey you!" 

I turned around and I was suddenly face to face with Riley's boyfriend. He glared down at me angrily. It felt like I was much shorter than him when he was only an inch taller."Riley told me she was going to do some project with some guy, but I had no idea it would be you." He said as he eyed me down. I looked at him coldly, when really I was internally freaking out.

Was he going to punch me again?

"Well, it is me and here I am." I said and I laughed slightly."Just watch what you say to my girl, she already doesn't like you." He said before walking away. She doesn't like me? I'd beg to differ. Why's everyone so bitter these days, well whatever I have more important things to worry about than Riley's 'boyfriend'.

I wonder where Daylyn went. I'm hungry, and sleepy. Has it always been this boring without him? Now that I think about he's been acting strange lately. He leaves the house earlier than I do and now he's skipping class. Did something big happen that I just don't know about?

"Liam!" I turned around to see that Melanie run up to me excitedly."Melanie." I said as I greeted her, I didn't feel like fighting with her."Liam I heard you're going to inherit your dad's company congratulations." She said as she smiled brightly at me."No I'm not inheriting anything, and how'd you find that out?"I asked as I began to walk past her. She immediately started following  me and kept up with my pace easily.

"Well, I have my ways, anyway almost every girl at our uni knows you have a crush on someone so you better keep her a secret before everyone finds out who she is." I eyed her suspiciously and she only gave me any innocent smile."You know it isn't you right?" I said and she rolled her eyes,

 "A girl can dream, but seriously  watch out Mr Big shot, everyone's got their eye on you."

"What ever you say."