Chapter°Three

Riley smiled at me warmly before leaving me stunned in the hallway. I didn't just get rejected I just got hit in the face with 'I have a boyfriend'.

So the guy she was smiling with in the hallway was her boyfriend? Or maybe it was the guy she smiled with in the lunch line? What if it was our professor? I've never asked myself so many questions at once.

This can't be, how is she already taken?

I walked back to class making it obvious I just gotten my heart broken. When I went into the room all eyes were on me. Three girls came up to my seat with wide smiles."The girls and guys in our major are having a drinking party at this place downtown, are you in?" I looked up at the one who spoke to me. She had short black hair and crescent shaped eyes when she smiled, she was for sure Asian.

She was cute, maybe I'll take Daylyn' s advice and focus on her.

"I'm sorry what was your name?" I asked and her eyes lit up."My names Melanie." She said the two girls behind her started freaking out when she told me her name."I'll definitely be there Melanie." I said and smiled at her, she giggled  and brushed her hair behind her ear."I'll see you there then." Melanie and the two girls behind her made their way back to there seat.

Seriously, how could she have a boyfriend already? Isn't this her first day? When class was over I met up with Daylyn again, he could tell something had happened."What's wrong now?" He asked and I sighed."She has a boyfriend."

Daylyn looked at me surprised,"Wow really? Sucks to suck I guess, this must be Karma from high school."

I nodded my head in agreement, because for some reason that made complete sense. 

"We're going to a drinking party tonight with some people in my major." I said and Daylyn's face lit up."Wow, you really did change."

"New semester new me." I said and Daylyn began to laugh like it was the funniest thing ever. Maybe I can still have a chance with Riley. Maybe I can get her to come to me. A little light bulb had popped into my head. I'll just persuade Riley to come to me, then everything will be fine.

°

Just as I thought not only people in Major were going to be there, their were also all lot of people I didn't recognize. I swear I also saw my professor somewhere in the room, but someone I for sure didn't expect to see was Riley.

"What is she doing here?" Daylyn asked from next to me. He must've seen her at the same time as me."She has some nerve showing her face in front of you." He said and I nodded my head, although I didn't agree.

I've got some nerve showing my face in front of her.

"Just ignore her," I said as I sat myself at the same table Melanie and some other people were. Melanie and everyone at the table immediately turned their attention  towards me."Liam I'm so glad you could make it!" She said as she held my arm and pressed it close to her chest. She turned her attention towards Daylyn, who immediately smiled when she noticed him."Oh, hey Daylyn." I laughed nervously at the obvious boredom in her voice when she spoke.

"Wow, mister big shot at a drinking party, something good must've happened eh?" A guy sitting parallel from me said and I shook my head,"Not really, I just felt like coming." I said and I spotted Riley on the other side of the room drinking with some guy, she was all smiley too.

Some nerve she has.

"Liam, I heard you liked someone." Melanie said and the other girls nodded their head."Well, not really I just-"

"Is she one of us?"

"I bet it's me."

"I can't believe he likes someone, man whoever she is, she better watch out."

"Please excuse me for a moment!" I yelled and slammed my hands on the table as I stood up. The room went quiet and it was enough for Riley to look my way.

I needed some fresh air.

I started to head towards the door, and someone grabbed my hand."Who ever you like it doesn't matter, because whatever happens you will be mine Liam!" I turned around and there stood Melanie. I forcefully took her hand off mine and looked at her annoyed,"Not even in a million years." And with that I left, I didn't look back once.

I was tired of all the attention.

After a few minutes I had wandered all the way to a nearby convenience store. I sat at one of the blue tables that were placed inside by the window."You made quite the scene today. Are making scenes your specialty?" I raised my head at the person who spoke and almost choked on air.

"Riley." She smiled at me warmly and I could feel my heart skip a beat.

"What are you doing here by yourself?" She asked, but I couldn't help but stare into her concerned eyes."Sometimes It's nice to be alone. Too much attention is overwhelming." I said and she broke out into that beautiful laugh of hers."I wonder, were you always like this?"

"Like what?"

"Sad, depressing, lonely--"

"Okay, okay I get it, I get it." I said before she could go on. If she would've kept going she would have probably  hurt my pride."No, I was actually the complete opposite from who I am now." I said and she gave me curious look. I took this chance to study her appearance. She wore an all black pencil dress with white  shoes. This time her braids were decorated with silver metal designs and strings.

"Liam?" I snapped out of space and rubbed my thumbs together out of frustration."How were you different from before?" She said and leaned closer towards me."Well for one, you're the only girl worthy of being called beautiful." She looked at me surprised, but I just stared. I waited for a reaction, but the next thing I knew I was punched square in the jaw.

"Seven!"

Seven?

I looked up to see a tall dark man stare at me from the floor angrily,"Stay away from my girl." He said before taking Riley's hand and walking away angrily. She looked back at me worriedly and I just waved her off. 

How could I forget the most important piece to this complicated puzzle.

Riley has a boyfriend.

A tall and scary one at that. He was taller, had deeper voice, and not trying to bring any race into this, but he was black. And it's better to stick with your own, that's what my mom would say, she doesn't  like things she's not used to, but the world doesn't either.

Let's be logical here the problem isn't her boyfriend, it's me. I just had to chase after someone who's already taken. Oh well, I'm definitely not giving up now, not after the way she looked at me. Her eyes grew bigger and her face just screamed curious. I've taken other guys girls before, what's so hard about  now?

Oh! I know!

I'm an adult now, 23 years old to be exact, this wasn't like high school where I snatched every girl left and right. If I want something I just have to go and get it myself, because there is no way that she was just going to come to me. Not  with her boyfriend guarding her. He also seems to be with her a lot, and she smiles a lot more with him too, but that's besides the point.

The point is, I'm not going to give up on her, not now, not tomorrow, not ever.

Riley will be mine.