~16~

AURORA ODINSDOTTIR

After our discussion, everyone went to bed, knowing today was going to be a big one.

I suggested to Steve that we room together for the night, but he insisted on staying with Tony, and giving me my privacy.

He's so sweet.

"We can take Natasha and Clint." I said to Tony, gesturing between Steve and I, who nodded in agreement.

"Alright, strictly recon. I'll hit the NEXUS, I'll join you as soon as I can." Tony said, and Steve looked slightly worried.

"If Ultron is really building a body-"

"He'll be more powerful than any of us." I said to Steve, making Tony shrug.

"Maybe all of us. An android designed by a robot."

"You know I really miss the days when the weirdest thing science ever created was me." Steve half joked, making me giggle, patting his bicep reassuringly.

"I'll drop Banner off at the tower." Nick said, interrupting our chat, and looked at Tony.

"Do you mind if I borrow Ms. Hill?"

"She's all yours, apparently. What are you gonna do?" Tony asked, making Nick shrug.

"I don't know. Something dramatic, I hope."

"It's always something dramatic with us, isn't it?" I asked, walking out the front door and joining Nat on the quinjet, waiting for Steve and Clint.

"Alright," Steve said, buckling up while Clint climbed aboard.

"Here's the plan, once we get to the research labs, Clint and Natasha, stay on the quinjet, Aurora, come with me."

"Okay." I agreed, and Clint gave a short nod while Natasha smirked, looking between us.

She knew.

To be fair, it might be hard to miss, at this point.

Shortly after orders were given, we landed on the roof of the building, and Steve grabbed my hand, walking off the quinjet and turning his earpiece on.

"Two minutes. Stay close." He ordered to Nat and Clint, and I jogged down the stairs, following Steve to Helen's lab.

Ultron had been here, apparent by the destruction in my path, the shelves turned over, and the glass on the floor.

"Doctor Cho!" I exclaimed, running over to the woman lying on the floor, and Steve quickly approached us.

"He's uploading himself into the body." Helen said, making my blood run cold.

We're way too late.

"Where?" Steve asked, and Helen gulped.

"The real power is inside the Cradle." She said, and looked at me.

"The gem, its power is uncontainable. You can't just blow it up. You have to get the Cradle to Stark." She informed us, and I nodded.

"First we have to find it."

"Go." Helen said, and I gave her a reassuring smile, before running back the way we came, turning on my earpiece.

"Did you copy that?" I asked, and got a response from Clint immediately.

"We did."

"Great." Steve said, and we climbed onto the quinjet, buckling in as we took off quickly.

"I got a private jet taking off across town. That could be him." Natasha said, and I felt a spark of hope in my stomach.

"There. It's the truck from the lab." Clint said, clearly spotting it.