Me And Bobby And Bobby's Brother

Dante helped carry in the last of his dad's bags. He'd be staying until graduation, which meant that he was going to have to tell him about Trevor if he was going to have any alone time with him.

He wasn't so sure if Trevor wanted to spend any time alone with him. Since Brent's party a week ago, they hadn't talked in person. They may have exchanged a few texts, but there wasn't anything emotions behind their words. He knew Trevor was upset about him smoking at the party, but it was his life, and he planned to have a good time. He would have had a better time if he wasn't upset about his argument with Trevor, but at least Regina was there to cheer him up.

He was waiting for the okay from Trevor to tell his dad about their relationship, but he hadn't heard a reply yet. Depending on what the response was would determine what state their relationship was in. He did not want to break up with Trevor; he'd already placed so much into their relationship that breaking up over a miniscule argument would merely prove how foundationless their relationship truly was. He loved Trevor. He wanted to strengthen their relationship and make it better. That started with an apology in person.

"I hope you're not upset that I'm moving home for a bit," Dante's dad, Simon, chuckled as he locked the door.

"Never," he replied through a tight-lipped grin.

"That's your lying face."

"I'm not lying. I swear. I'm just..." He sighed. He wanted to get his dad's two cents on the matter, but he couldn't bring himself to explain his predicament. No matter what, it was Trevor's secret, and his safety on the line. He would never dream of telling someone if he didn't receive Trevor's permission first.

Simon tilted his head as he smiled melancholily. Reaching out, he ruffled Dante's hair before kissing the top of his head. "Whatever's going on, I'm here to listen."

"I know. It's more a matter on whether I can tell you or not."

"Are you in danger?" he asked, his voice sharp.

"No."

"Is someone hurting or manipulating you."

"No! It's about something I promised to keep a secret."

"Is it hurting the other person to the point where it's morally right to call the cops?"

"No."

"Then don't tell me. Just understand that the moment you need me, I am here, whether to help or just listen."

Dante smiled. "Thanks, dad."

The doorbell rang, and Simon walked over to answer. Dante carried a suitcase upstairs and walked back down to collect another. Before he could make it to the bottom, he froze when he spotted Trevor standing by the front door, smiling sheepishly at Dante. "Hey," he whispered.

"Hey."

Dante walked up to him before glancing at his dad. Simon nodded and walked away, leaving the two alone.

"What are you doing here?" he whispered.

"I wanted to talk to you in person. I feel like a dick. You are right, you're allowed to do whatever you want. But I really was scared about you getting high at that party," Trevor whimpered. "Some people are dicks and will mess with you just because you're you, but then...there's people like Ernie or Malik or Dennis who all like you, and I was afraid you'd get loose and get back at me for kissing Jessica in front of you all those times."

"I suck it up, because I love you," Dante stated, his voice firm but affectionate. "I know why you kiss her and use her, so I'm never going hold that against you or try to spite you for doing that. All I wanted was to get loose and have some fun, because I hate most of the people who were there. They're always making fun of me for being a gay man who designs clothes. Like, fuck off."