Chapter 40

Disclaimer: I don't own anything PJO/HoO related (that goes to Uncle Rick), neither do I own anything from the MCU (that goes to Marvel Studios)

Hazel P.O.V.

When we reached the top of the ground we were surrounded by smokey humid air, alien creatures and a huge spaceship that I assumed belonged to Thanos.

After the creatures got over the shock of Earthlings in their territory a dozen pounced us. The Wakanda soldiers shot and speared five of them with their guns and spears, Wanda vaporized two of them with her powers, Nico sliced the three that pounced him to ribbons and I stabbed two of them to death. In the meantime Wanda also sent up a red beam of light to attract the rest of our allies to the fight. More creatures started attacking us.

Just as I was starting to get tired, most of the seven and Avengers came to our aid. Later, the Party Ponies joined the fight and at some point the Amazons joined aswell. When the Amazons came from a Northwestern angle I assumed that they had just arrived, seeing as the fight was taking place behind us, on the southern side. The look on Reyna's face was priceless, when the Amazons joined. Her face was overfilled with joy and clearly she was supprised to see that her sister had answered her plea by sending warriors. Some of the male Avengers, to my amusement, had a hint of fear in their eyes when the saw the fierce female warriors.

Finally, after a while of fighting I could move without worrying too much of being attacked, since there were so many people that I got lost in the numbers. I started looking around for Thanos. After searching for a short period of time, I saw the purple rasin at the mouth of his spaceship in a opening in the battle. I grabbed Nico's arm, pointed at Thanos and said, "Come, we have to go do it now, while we have the chance." Wanda heard me speaking and followed Nico and I towards Thanos.

During the fight I heard people saying that Thanos's Black Order (Proxima Midnight, Ebony Maw, Cull Obsidian, Corvus Claive, Black Dwarf) stole the last Infinity Stone from Camp Half-Blood. They also injured Chiron and a few other campers severely, five young campers didn't make it. Luckily the last Stone hadn't arrived here yet, but Wanda and I will have to work fast if we want the world to survive.

On our way towards Thanos we passed Frank, Percy and Annabeth. Frank was shooting down creatures and monsters left and right with his bow and arrows. Percy and Annabeth we're standing around Frank and were fighting like demons.

"Need some extra help?" Percy asked in his usual cheerfully sarcastic voice, even though there were dark circles around his eyes and deep wounds all over his body. Annabeth didn't look much better either, Frank looked the best out of the three.

"Come on," Nico said to them gesturing for them to follow.

There was butterflies in my stomach from the nerves. The 20 feet walk to Thanos felt like an eternity. My heart was racing and my hands were sweaty. "What if it's too late? What if I fail?" I thought to myself.

I felt a warm hand taking mine. Only Frank had such soft, big and warm hands. I looked up at him and he smiled at me reassuringly.

"So are we attacking Thanos from behind, or is it going to be an up front thing?" Percy asked.

"We can't really go from behind, seeing as there is a whole ship behind him, Seaweed Brain," Annabeth answered him with the usual joking annoyance in her voice. "Obviously we're going full force up front. Frank, you're going to shoot arrows at Thanos to distract him. Nico and Percy, you're going to attack Thanos to distract him even more. I'll stay behind to protect Hazel and Wanda while they work on destroying the stones. Does everyone understand?"

Everyone nodded, Percy and Nico moved forward, closer to Thanos. The power that the stones were radiating was overwhelmingly strong.

"You can do this," Frank said and gave me a shy kiss. I felt my cheeks grow warm, Frank loaded an arrow. His face was crunched up in concentration, which made him look twice as cute as usually.

"Come on, Lovebird, we have work to do," Wanda said with a soft sad smile. I wonder who she lost?

"Are we exploding the gold one first?" I asked Wanda. She laughed.

"You mean the Mind Stone?" she said.

"Right," I said laughing nervously.

"Ok, start focusing on three," Wanda said, I nodded. "One." I was barely aware of Annabeth slashing any monster or creature, who came our way, to bits. "Two." Deep breaths. The last number I whispered along with Wanda,"Three."

Focus.

The Stones were strong, but Wanda and I, together, were stronger. After two long seconds of concentration the Mind stone popped like a light bulb. It left behind something like shattered glass and a golden wisp of smoke drifting through the air.

"WHAT!?" I heard Thanos scream. He looked around, his eyes locked mine and Wanda's. "KILL THOSE TWO!" He shouted at his army, pointing at Wanda and myself. Some of the demigods and Avengers, who realized what was going on, came to help Annabeth protect us. Frank's firewood weighed heavily in my denim jacket pocket.

"Purple one next?" I asked Wanda softly. "Then we go down the line on his gauntlet."

"The Power Stone, yeah," she corrected me. If I had energy to waste I would probably have said something like Whatever or Really?!, but I didn't so I kept my mouth shut and started focusing.

Pop.

The next Stone popped like a light bulb again and angered Thanos even more. Beads of sweat were forming on my forehead, I looked at Wanda. She was red in the face and dripping with sweat. I forgot that she was full mortal, not half god, that would probably make her powers weaker.

Pop.

We popped the next one, Like a light bulb, I thought to myself again. Wanda was breathing heavily from over using her powers, I was also getting pretty tired.

Two more left. A rogue creature came through the protective circle around Wanda and I. It caught us by supprise, before I could stab through it with my long sword, it mangled Wanda's face.

"Oh Gods! Wanda are you alright?" I asked and dropped down to check her pulse. She was unconscious, but breathing. "Someone get her behind the wall, to the medics!" A Wakanda soldier loaded her onto his mechanical pegasus a flew off with her.

I have to go on, even if it kills me. Concentrate. Alone it took a lot more energy to destroy a Stone.

Pop.

There was a burning feeling in my gut. My skin was dangerously warm and I was wet with sweat. A yelp of pain might have escaped my mouth. One more, just one more Stone.

Reaching out to my powers was a lot harder and more painful this time. I was feeling faint and lightheaded. It felt like a hole was being burnt into my stomach. I looked down and saw that a faint golden glow radiated off my body.

"Huh, so this is what it looks like when a demigod over uses their power," I thought to myself. "One more stone. "