Chapter 26

Disclaimer: I don't own anything PJO/HoO related (they go to Uncle Rick) neither do I own anything from the MCU (they go to Marvel studios obviously?).

Will P.O.V.

They think it's going bad out there, on the lines. They clearly haven't seen what it's like back here.

By back here I mean the infirmary tents. Back here we are relatively 'safe' behind the big wall, but we can still hear the sounds of battle. We have some runners that tell us what's going on up at the lines as they bring in the wounded or the dead.

I've treated and lost some familiar faces from camp and also complete strangers. My anxiety for Nico and the others is sky high and a burning ache in my gut.

Nico should still be quite safe for now. Since he's with Hazel in the super secret underground squad to kill Thanos. It should be a few days before they actually arrive at Thanos's warship where he's hiding like a coward on the other side of the battlefield.

So far the news we've retrieved is that during the long day we've had there's been about three million monsters combined with creatures fighting against our very little amount of half-bloods and mortals. Almost every monster in Greek and Roman mythology seemed to have decided, "Hey, we couldn't eat all the half-bloods and overthrow the gods the last two times we tried, well, third time's the charm!". Us medics haven't done a death or injury toll but ut isn't looking too good. The latest news we've heard is that there was a Hydra attack. Then the Minotaur made it to the wall, half burnt to death by greek fire and bleeding from multiple wounds (compliments from the cyclops army), but it still managed to make a few dents in our reinforced walls before the archers on the wall finally killed it. There is what seems to be a rematch between Percy and Kronos going on. But we don't know what is currently happeningin their fight.

"They're returning to their warship!" one of the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents said very loudly to the medics in the tent as he carried in a body filled with blood.

"Put the patient on the bed over here, please," I said calmly in a slightly grim sort of way. The S.H.I.E.L.D. agent put the limp bloody body on the hospital bed and took a step back. Through the blood and dirt I could see a S.H.I.E.L.D. badge and a name Agent Harry. I could also see three big pen things impaled in his body.

"We were fighting off some of Thanos's creatures and then some big loin crossed with a scorpion shot those spikes at him," said the other man, Agent Jack (I read  it on his name tag), slightly distressed.

"Manticore," I replied "He'll survive, it didn't hit any vital organs. Now what was that about someone returning to their warships, Thanos's troops I assume?" I said as I started mixing a cure for the Manticore poison and pulling out the spikes in his leg, arm and shoulder.

"Oh, Thanos's troops are going back to their warships," he said.

"A retreat?" I asked.

"No, no, definitely not. Thanos would never do that. I think they're regrouping and they're gonna try hit us again at our weakest spots," the agent said. I nodded at this and gently continued to tent to the patient.