Chapter 3

Chapter 3: hard choice to swallow

Despite only presented with 3 choice from the starter box, one of the 3 option will inevitably carry him in the beginning.

Weapon? Using a sword against giant monster and beast that can fight superhuman level fighter in equal term and massacre a whole village isn't the great option, without aura as a catalyst many weapon will be useless.

While indeed theres many weapon option in remnant instead of standard sword and shield. Expecting an ordinary Bussines man struggling against his own depression having the same amount of combat experience as experienced fighter that is born in a world where beast of darkness that want nothing more to tear human flesh is laughable.

From his minimal knowledge about grimm from the show, He's able to recognized most of the option except 3. Ripper Hound, Wolf knight and Dreadtraxer.

"Ripper hound is likely a variant of the Beowolf, from the amount of ripper hound its possible they worked as a pack hunter, using their number to take down stronger opponent."

Wolf knight is still simple enough that he could understand its form. yet Dreadtraxer is an Alien existence to him.

Dreadtraxer ability, form and strength is entirely unknown to him.

 Each option have different strength and likely their own weakness.

for example Option A has the largest amount of Grimms, yet theres only 1 special grimm that can serve as a viable heavy hitter, the option is heavily reliant to its quantity instead of quality in combat.

While Option C has the largest amount of combat option with 2 Ursa Major serving as great combat strength with 5 boarbatusk capable as a offensive unit, however option C is less maneuverable than the both B and C option.

Option B despite hosting a unknown type of grimm,  It's the most versatile of the three option with Giant nevermore acting in many role even a flying ride, Sadly it also have the weakest Combat prowess of all three option.

Contemplating for a moment, (Y/n) decided to try something.

"System what is a Dreadtraxer?"

silence enter the room,  before the recognizable blue window appeared again.

---

[DreadTraxer]

an Unknown nightmare that haunt mistral during the Great War, It fly unhindered in the dreams of both human and Faunus as a white dove. while its never seen to be agressive, the damage that it causes is undeniable, causing physical damage to many of mistral huntsman in their dream. Many nightmare hunter during the great war dread the appearance of the dove and each one failed to hunt the grimm. building its name as the dreadtraxer as for its every appearance end with nothing but retired huntsman. for its appearance in the Great War, no dream hunter has successfully managed to hunt the grimm

---

"I see, So its a much more complicated Grimm than I thought.."

reading the description, he understand that while it doesn't seems to have that large of physical combat prowess. it wield a rather much more complicated ability.

(Y/n) doesn't truly understand its ability, yet he has a strange feeling that the dreadtraxer ability is different than what it may suggest. Instead of targeting the dream its ability is likely attacking the soul instead.

This theory while flawed, explained why no nightmare hunter has successfully hunted the grimm, infact a nightmare hunter is rather unfit against such grimm.

He's not completely certain, yet if his theory about Dreatraxer ability is correct. then the Dreadtraxer is much more sinister grimm than what it description suggest.

Although the system isn't as talkative as the one he read in the novel, It's still willing to help him if needed albeit minimally

"System show me the description of the Ripperhounds and the Wolf knight."

the blue screen change again showing the two Grimm description

---

[Ripperhound]

a much smaller cousin of the Beowolf, they are a pack grimm attacking at any human and even foreign grimm in their territory, while known to be weaker than standard Beowolf, yet even Ursa stay out of their territory unless they risk the hound ire.

[Wolf Knight]

A unique Evolution of the Beowolf alpha, Granting the instinct of a trained fighter and a sharpened blade. is a challenged even to the most talented huntsman.

---

Looking the two grimm description, his curiosity is already confirmed.

contemplating about the 3 option, he immediately set his mind on he second option. The Appearance of the giant Nevermore even without the Dreadtraxer is Immensely useful. the tank like grimm of Heavy and the Horde like grimm of the medium option is great, But the ability to fly is a game changer, and from his knowledge of the show. A Giant nevermore despite being a flying grimm, is still a Fucking difficult bastard to deal with.

the combat capability of one giant nevermore already exceed the 2 Ursa Major and is more versatile than the other grimm on the option.

"System I pick option B."

he said with tad bit of hesitation, theres may be a case where he's gonna regret for such action however the Dreadtraxer and Giant nevermore sold him to the option.

---

Confirmed!

[Option B: Light]

[obtained: Nevermore 10x, Giant Nevermore 1x, Dreadtraxer 1x]

[Unlocked Grimm Storage]

[Unlocked Custom modifier]

[Sanity dropped 50%, You feel your soul falling deeper into the abyss]

[Sub Quest Unlocked]

[Main Quest Unlocked]

---