Chapter 17

Chapter 17: Seed of hatred

Mello life has been a streak of misfortune...

The settlement of Derandum his hometown and one of the safe haven of faunus collapse in his tenth birthday, and under the destruction of Derandum few of its inhabitant migrate to Menagerie leaving Minstral.

unfortunately to the many as they must reside inside the kingdom of Mistral.

some manage to enter the more tolerant village.

while some unfortunately must reside in the more discriminating settlement.

and out of the hundred of settlement that he and his life must reside instead they are placed to one of the worst option.

Ilhim.

In all of mistral Ilhim is well known to be one of the major Mistral trading center specifically for High grade resource, rare mineral and exotic material. its not a lie that Ilhim is the top 5 richest settlement under mistral control.

they are such a powerful a powerful distributor that even the bigwig in atlas is unable to leave them alone.

and by force and military might they are simply a force that could bite back a kingdom.

and by political might the settlement of ilhim is simply unmatched when compared to other settlement.

so there was no foreign kingdom daring nor greedy enough to horde the resources of Ilhim.

yet there was one problem especially for Mello.

He is a faunus.

even though Ilhim is known as a rich settlement It is a discriminatory city.

yet without any money to spare he's unable to leave ilhim.

despite being able to find a job as a waiter and work for 27 years, he is forced to a much more hellish schedule to maintain his job.

working in a racist environment for 9 hours a day every week is hell.

overworking his body until it couldn't.

and in the end getting fired from the diner.

he only had barely enough money just to buy a single ticket.

just enough for him reserve a ticket to exit Ilhim.

for once he could find a new beginning. 

yet he is already 40 years old and lost all hope for any chance of a new life.

should he really spent all he had for what likely seems to be a gamble.

ignoring the heated glare and malicious remark he simply sit on the bench trying to contemplate about his future.

despite the hatred they harbored against him and his kin there was no one willing to use psychical violence.

for in ilhim the consequence of violence is very high and the law doesn't spare anyone looking at it lightly Faunus or not.

so thankfully upon his years living in Ilhim no one is daring enough to fight the iron law of ilhim.

just as he was about to reminiscent upon his past trying to distract his thought.

a large sized male wearing black uniform in his teen strolling through the park notice him at the bench.

looking at him in disgust and hatred and with all his strength he throw the can of beer at him.

too deep in his thought he didn't realize the fast moving object closing in.

PANG

the beer can accurately hit him dead set on the head.