29. Family Reunion

Y/n POV

I get i call from Blueblood under the ID of stupid.

Y/n: Hi stupid.

Blueblood: [Hi idiot.]

Y/n: So what's wrong you only call if there's a problem or if Rosey forced you to call me.

Blueblood: [It's the former.]

Y/n: So what's the problem?

Blueblood: [Aunt Celestia will tell you so you gotta come to Canterlot.]

Y/n: Okay.

Blueblood: [Twilight will be coming with you.]

Y/n: Okay, see ya.

Blueblood: [See you.]

I hang up.

Y/n:(my left arm hurts)

I go to Twilights house.

Twilight Sparkle: Where are all my quills? Brbrbr. No, no, no, no, no... Ugh! I need the Magical Compendium volumes 1 through 36! Where is it? Flash cards! I should make some flash cards. Spike, I'm gonna need you to quiz me. On everything. Everything I've ever learned. Ever. That isn't going to be enough cards.

Spike: Twilight, calm down. It's just a test.

Twilight Sparkle: Just a test? Just a test!? Queen Celestia wants to give me some kind of exam, and you're trying to tell me to calm down because it's just a test?!

Spike: Uh... yes.

Y/n: Sparks calm down it's not that kind of test.

Twilight Sparkle: How do you know?

Y/n: I was told by Blueblood that it's a problem that involves you and me because she asked for me aswell.

Twilight Sparkle: Still, better to be safe than sorry.

Y/n: Fine.

Timeskip: Canterlot

We are standing behind the door to the throne room.

Princess Luna: Are you sure you don't want me to go as well?

Queen Celestia: Yes. Princess Cadance and Shining Armor are already there. The others will be joining them soon.

Princess Luna: The Empire's magic is powerful. It cannot fall again, my sister.

Queen Celestia: She will succeed at her task. And when she does, we'll know that she is that much closer to being ready.

Twilight Sparkle: Ahem.

Queen Celestia: Trust me, little sister.

Twilight Sparkle: You wanted to see us? To give me a test?

Y/n: Or not.

Twilight Sparkle: I brought my own quills and plenty of paper to show my work. Sorry, sorry!

Queen Celestia: This is a different kind of test. The Crystal Empire has returned.

Twilight Sparkle: The Crystal Empire? I'm sorry, I-I thought I'd studied. Ooh. I don't think there's anything in any of my books th–

My left arm started hurting again.

Queen Celestia: There wouldn't be. Few remember it ever existed at all. Even my knowledge of the Empire is limited. But what I do know is that it contains a powerful magic. One thousand years ago, King Sombra, a unicorn whose heart was black as night, took over the Crystal Empire. He was ultimately overthrown and banished to the ice of the arctic north a week after you my son was born. But not before he was able to put a curse upon the Empire. A curse that caused it to vanish into thin air. If the Empire is filled with hope and love, those things are reflected across all of Equestria. If hatred and fear take hold... Which is why I need your help finding a way to protect it.