66. Trouble and Misfortune

Y/n POV

I hear a knocking at my door so I open it and I see my fellow Crusaders.

Apple Bloom: Hello Crusader.

Y/n: Hi girls, is there anything you need?

Apple Bloom: Yeah, Applejack asked us to ask you if you'd like to come to Appeloosa with us and Applejack.

Y/n: I would love to, but why didn't she just call or text me?

Sweetie Belle: We volunteered to come get you.

Y/n: Fair enough, let's go.

We walked and talked on the way to Sweet Apple Acres.

Y/n: So is there any reason why we're going to Sweet Apple Acres?

Apple Bloom: Braeburn broke his arm and can't participate in the Appeloosa rodeo, so Applejack's going to take his place.

Y/n: Then she's sure to win.

Apple Bloom: Yeah totally.

We make it to Sweet Apple Acres and we see Applejack.

Y/n: Hi Aj.

Applejack: Hiya Sugarcube, so is everyone ready to go?

Crusaders: Yes!

We walk to the train station and get on the train.

Timeskip: Appeloosa

Apple Bloom: Aren't you glad y'all came with me to see Applejack compete in the Appleloosa rodeo?

Y/n: Yeah.

Scootaloo: Totally! This place is a cutie mark gold mine! There's barrel racing...roping contests, rodeo clowning...

Scootaloo: ...steeplechase...!

Apple Bloom: If we can get into some of these events, we could all three walk off the train back in Ponyville with brand spankin' new cutie marks!

Y/n: That would be nice to see.

Scootaloo: Wouldn't a barrel look good here on my shoulders.

Apple Bloom: I want a lasso!

Sweetie Belle: I don't know... All these events look a little, well, dangerous.

Apple Bloom: No risk, no reward.

Sheriff Silverstar: Alright, everybody, listen up! We need a big presence at this here rodeo, so make yourself plenty seen! I want that low-down varmint to know we mean business!

Sweetie Belle: I hope nothing bad is going on.

Apple Bloom: A cutie mark-apalooza and a low-down varmint? This is shapin' up to be the most excitin' rodeo ever!

Scootaloo: Yeah, come on!

Applejack POV

I had just finished training for the hay bale stacking event.

Braeburn: Woo-hoo! Yee-haw! That's my cousin! Go, Applejack, go!

Applejack: Whew! It's been a dog's age since I got to compete. All the rodeos 'round Ponyville are closed down for some reason.

Braeburn: Well, I guess havin' injured kinfolk in Appleloosa sure paid off then, huh, cuz?

Applejack: Just doin' my best to fill your shoes, Braeburn.

Braeburn: Keep tossin' like that and I'll be out of a job!

I fist bump his broken arm by mistake.