Coming Home

Eight years later...

Nine unconsciously bit his lower lip. The car key dug into his palm as his fingers tightened around it. He arrived at the airport an hour ago. He already finished a Peppermint Mocha Frappucino, went to the restroom, and browsed some items at a souvenir store. The plane had already landed some 30 minutes ago and his eyes had probably scrutinized like a million people already for a familiar face.

Dressed in an oversized white printed long-sleeved shirt tucked into faded blue jeans, Nine flicked an impatient finger across his overly long bangs that were getting into his eyes. He should have just gone to Beijing like he suggested to avoid this annoying and boring waiting game. But no, Johnny just had to insist that he'd bring him home and even had the gall to claim he wanted to visit his Thai relatives on this trip.  Oh, really? In his entire 29 years of existence, he never deigned to visit Thailand and now he suddenly decides to come to Bangkok. 

Out of all his adoptive family's relatives, Nine has never taken a liking to Johnny. He never bothered to join in the occasional FaceTime except to grunt an indifferent hello. It's probably due to the fact that the last time Saint spent a summer with Johnny in Beijing, Saint came back with an unholy addiction to motorcycles. The stories that Saint shared about the smoking, the drinking and the gambling that Johnny got him involved in had made Nine's blood boil. Thank goodness, Saint didn't "try" the girls that Johnny introduced him to.

Now, Saint had technically spent almost a third of his life around Johnny and Nine is scared of what kind of shenanigans they had been up to. He hopes Johnny hasn't totally corrupted his little brother.

Earth, on the other hand, he trusts more. Nine is confident Johnny won't be able to corrupt Earth. Earth may look like a soft little angel but he's actually strong-willed than most people.

"P'Nine!"

A shout to his left surprised Nine. Speak of the devil.

"Earth!" Nine smiled, taking in Earth's fashionable orange and blue ensemble.

Earth let go of the two large luggage suitcases he was steering to hug Nine. Nine hugged back and automatically wipe his cheek when Earth stepped back. Earth let out a high-pitched giggle.

"You're good, P'Nine," Earth grinned.

Nine shot Earth a dubious look. He really didn't want his right cheek to become shining, shimmering and splendid like Earth's. He is perfectly content with his poreless matte foundation.

"Where are they?" Nine asked, looking around.

"Oh, Johnny got recognized so his manager asked the airport for assistance with security," Earth related.

"And you left Saint with him?"

"Well, you know, Johnny... he wouldn't let Saint leave his side," Earth shrugged.

Nine swallowed back a sigh and stopped himself from pinching the bridge of his nose. Goddamnit, Johnny!

Just then, a flurry of movement interrupted Nine's internal ranting. Muted shrieks, stern warnings, and camera flashes announced the arrival of Johnny and Saint. Both were wearing face masks and dark glasses (thank god!). If Nine was feeling generous and objective he would say that even without Johnny's celebrity status, both of them would still attract attention. Johnny was half a head taller than Saint and simply oozing with machismo (Nine mentally pukes at that) while Saint's ethereal beauty still shines even though his face is practically covered in black. If not their looks, then Johnny's proprietary hand on Saint's waist is enough to raise some conservative eyebrows.