Touch Me

Close to a hundred kids packed in one auditorium was complete chaos. All participants of the Mother of Mercy musical extravaganza were present at the dress rehearsal and Saint was overwhelmed, even with Earth and some BKK Boys' Home staff assisting him.  

There were 12 BKK boys, aged 6-10, participating in the event. They will be singing two traditional folk songs with Saint accompanying them on a keyboard. Four of the older boys will also be playing traditional drums to make their presentation more festive. They've already nailed the songs but they needed to know when to make an entrance and an exit. However, because it was their first time to collaborate with other kids of the other organizations, the boys were especially hyperactive. He lost their attention the minute they got into the auditorium.

"Hey, P'Saint!"

Saint looked up from his keyboard and summoned a smile that could barely lift a rice grain.

"Why don't you take a break for a few minutes? I'll handle this."

Earth's offer was like spotting the Coast Guard's boat when you've been floating in the middle of the sea for days. Saint grabbed it like his life depended on it. He made his way carefully out of the auditorium for fear a kid would trip over his walking stick. Or, he could also trip over a kid and fall flat on his face. Neither option sounded better.

Away from the maddening madhouse, Saint found a quiet place to sit and breathe without multiple voices shrieking in his ears. He checked his phone but there was no message waiting for him. There was no missed calls either. He didn't think his energy could have gotten lower. He thought back to the events yesterday. He'd been feeling guilty over the way he acted towards Zee. At first, he thought Zee didn't mind it and had even touched him back in such a way that screamed, MINE! But as the day wore on, Saint could feel Zee pulling back, creating a distance between them. Saint didn't like it but he only had himself to blame. 

But he said...

He loves you?  Yeah he does. But you also said back off and don't force your feelings on me.

I didn't say it like that!

Uh-huh...whatever!

Asshole!

Ahahahahahaha! You do realize you're calling yourself an asshole, right?

Fuck you!

Aw, you wish, baby!

Arguing with the voice inside his head is like arguing on the Internet, even if he wins, he's still an idiot for doing so.

Saint's mood worsened by the time rehearsal ended and they were heading back home. Earth certainly didn't deserve the cold treatment he got from Saint when he'd been nothing but an angel. 

"Sorry," Saint said before he turned towards his house.

"Nothing to be sorry about, P'Saint, I understand. Even I'm starting to get a headache, their screams are still ringing in my ears," Earth complained.

"Thanks for today. Have a good night, Earth," Saint said, not correcting Earth about his assumption. It's not like he can say, I'm in a bad mood because a person -- who is NOT my boyfriend and therefore has absolutely no obligation towards me -- did not message or call me the entire fucking day.   

"Isn't there some Feng Shui shit about moving right after the New Year?" Nate grumbled, his arms straining with the weight of the couch.