Matty nodded.

"Bill left me a note to let me know that he and Daniel left at the crack of dawn and were taking a tour of the Bay."

"Well at least your husband left a message. Mine just left."

Wendy drew on her cigarette and smiled.

"It is nice though. Its been a long time since I have seen Danny so relaxed. Sitting around the outdoor fireplace last night was just so incredible. You and Bill are so lucky."

"Why do you say that?"

"Well just look around. You have an absolutely unbelievable home in an incredibly beautiful little village, filled with people who obviously adore you.

I would kill to have this again."

"Well, it is not always as it seems. It has been a fucking nightmare at times."

Wendy's face got serious.

"We talked to Commander Lukeman. he told us about the troubles you have had."

Matty took a deep breath and forced a smile.

"Funny thing is. I wouldn't trade one second of the last five months. It has been a ..."

Matty searched for the right words, as she sipped her coffee.

"It has been one fuck of a journey. But having met Bill has made every minute worth it."

"You two seem very much in love."

"We are. But running this village and being responsible for all these people has really taken a toll on us. We don't get a break."

"Why don't you just take some time?"

Matty drew deep other cigarette and blew out smoke rings.

"I just wish we could. Every time we try, something else comes up. It just never seems to end."

Wendy sat back in her chair and stared at Matty.

"Okay? What's wrong?"

"Why don't you and Bill come to St. John's with us and spend some time at our place. Turn off the cellphones and stay off the internet and just take some time for you two."

Matty shook her head.

"We couldn't impose. Besides, you and Daniel are always so busy, I am sure."

Wendy shook her head.

"No."

Matty smiled.

"What do you mean, no?"

"Not taking no for an answer."

Wendy finished her cigarette and put it out in the ashtray.

"You know, when me and Danny went to bed last night, we talked for about an hour.