Episode 11 (Comatose)

You are the master of your own dream world.
Janice was the master in this trance. She had locked me in my own mind, made me a slave to my mind and left my body paralyzed. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't free myself.
I was like sleep paralysis. The only difference was it was a trance. And she was coming after me.
I was running at the speed of light but there was no hiding place she didn't find, I had no rest.

We could stay like this for days,weeks even years maybe.

We were in war, blood everywhere, but I didn't lust for it like I would normally. Janice was unstoppable, she just kept attacking. Over here it was like I was no king, no aura, nothing.

Her memories could make any vampire cower in fear. I really stood no chance in hand to hand combat. I was a fool to believe I'd defeated her. She was cunning and lethal. Even the Vaticans best were powerless, she'd have crushed them if they hadn't managed to capture Benjamin.
He was her only weakness. Now I'd walked into the lions den.

"As above,so below"

That's what she kept saying as she haunted me down. I knew it was some kind of code. It was one of the oldest sayings of our kind, coming directly from the Emerald Tablets of Thoth.
How was that supposed to help me? Or was she just mocking me?

This hadn't gone as planned. I needed to find myself, everything was too fuzzy and distorted. I was there but not really there.
She had hijacked the trance.
"As above,so below"
That was the key! I grabbed a soldier and sunk my teeth into her neck. Blood was the key, I hadn't felt lust for blood as I did in my normal state.
"As above,so below"

"For centuries,the only person that has gotten out of that was your grandfather. You are worthy, I am yours, my wisdom is yours, you have my loyalty"

She then took me through her memories like Jinan had done, showing me techniques that were lost centuries ago and techniques that were never known by other vampires. She showed me everything.
The memory the shocked me was one she had with my grandfather,he'd told her war was coming and she'd have to join the family.

When the trance was over, the first thing I realized was that I needed blood. I went round the house and found nothing.
The house was empty. If my phone was to be trusted, we'd been in trance for 5 days.
Janice sensed my hunger
"Paris is lovely in the night, I think you'll like it"