blind date (EunKang)

"Remind me how a blind date counts as an amazing Christmas present," Sunghoon asked his sister as he paced down the street on a cold winter evening.

"You've been single for quite some time now. There's no harm in trying right?"

"You could've at least given me a heads up! Do you have any idea how quickly I had to get ready?"

"I know you. You would've given an excuse at the last moment and avoided it. Now that there's someone already waiting for you, my sweet brother is too good to back out isn't he?"

He huffed and hung up. He wasn't really fond of blind dates. About half an hour ago his sister called to inform that she had set him up for a blind date and all she said was that the person's name was Jiwon.

Hoony was running late. As he hurried, he bumped into someone outside the cafe.

"oW!" the man groaned.

"I'm so sorry!" Sunghoon gathered the man's fallen belongings, "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, i guess."

He saw the name on his driving license as he returned his wallet. Eun Jiwon. Oops

"Are you hurt?" Jiwon asked.

"oh no I'm good.

He glanced at the paper bag in his hand that was imprinted with the logo of the cafe where they were supposed to meet.

"uh, were you, by any chance, on a blind date?" he asked, fixing his hair.

Jiwon furrowed his eyebrows at him.

"Me?"

Hoony nodded nervously. He might've gotten the wrong person.

Jiwon asked, "how did you know?"

Sunghoon relieved at that statement, smiled. "Because I am your date. Kang Sunghoon." He extended his hand.

Jiwon grabbed and shook it immediately. "Eun Jiwon. Nice to meet you."

"Let's go in?" Hoony suggested.

Jiwon peered in through the glass window and turned to Sunghoon. "How about we go to some other place?"

"Sure,"

They started moving in the opposite direction. Sunghoon awkwardly walked next to him. Jiwon had clearly been waiting for long. That's why he had that parcel. He had probably ordered for something nice but the thought of being stood up made him lose appetite so he got it parceled.

"I'm sorry I was late." he said, "actually my sister set it up without telling me."

"Ah, it's fine."

Hoony couldn't figure if this guy was mad at him or it was just his normal tone.

"So, how do you know my sister?" he asked, trying to initiate a conversation.

"She didn't tell you anything about me?"

"Nothing! I know she should've but apparently, she wanted it to be a surprise."

Jiwon chuckled.

"We met through mutual friends at a dinner party and as we talked, she mentioned you and well, eventually we came around to this,"

"oh,"

"but she told me that you were handsome.."

Sunghoon paused on being attacked like that. "but?" He raised his eyebrows.

Jiwon looked at him bankly, before revealing his adorable bunny smile. "But, that was totally an understatement."

Hoony smiled, looking away, playing with his hair. He didn't want Jiwon to see how quickly he made him blush.