39)Another Set

I don't know why friends would think it would be cool to be pregnant at the same time. It's not.

     We sat in a muggle diner next to St Mungo's, waiting to see if Lily was going to give birth today. We did this every day since Thomas was born; we didn't want another situation like mine.

     The Longbottoms were also with us this time, having gone through the same experience. They had been at home when Alice started having bad contractions and boom, a baby was born.

     I say a baby, but Alice had two babies, a pair of cute little twins.

     Frank held both babies, Neville in one arm, Dorothea in the other. I held Thomas, who, unfortunately, seemed to only sleep during the day and never at night.

     The only couple that didn't look tired at our little table was James and Lily and even Lily looked tired. James was smiling, obviously excited for his child to be born.

     "This baby's going to be huge," Lily spoke up, taking a bite of ice cream. "Bella's tummy was smaller than mine and Alice's was bigger, but that's because she had twins."

      "Amelia will be adorable, big or small." James said. He was very confident that the baby was going to be a girl.

     "No, Harry will be adorable." Lily was the opposite, hoping for a baby boy.

     "Either way, they'll be adorable." I replied. "We'll see soon if they are Harry or Amilya."

     "Uh-mee-lee-uh." James corrected.

     "Uh-mil-eeya." I teased.

     "Want anything?" The waitress asked.

     "The usual. You remember our usual?" Sirius answered.

     She nodded. "You've stayed here everyday for more than a week." She walked off to get our tea and fish.

     "Hopefully they'll come soon." Lily patted her stomach. "I'm too excited to finally have a child and to rid of pain."

     "They'll be born soon." Alice replied, taking Neville from Frank's arm. Both of them were on the verge of falling asleep, just like their children.

     Thomas woke up and started crying wildly. "Why child?" I complained and Sirius swiftly took him from my arms and ran off to the toilet.

     Neville and Dorothea both woke up and started to scream as well. Both of them left to attend to their children.

     "You two will be doing that soon too." I said tiredly.

     "It's a good thing there's only us three here." James spoke, ignoring my last comment.

     "We were thinking about who should be Harry's godfather or godmother." Lily said.

     "You mean Amelia's godfather or godmother." James corrected.

     "I get the gist, you want Sirius to be their godfather?" I spoke up quickly.

    "Well, either him or you." Lily cringed for no reason.

     "But we can't decide who, so we're asking you." James explained. "I'm Thomas's godfather, so we kind of wanted to make Sirius the godfather in exchange."

     "How about a bet? Sort of." I grinned. "I think your baby's going to be a girl, so if they really are, I'll be the godmother. If they're a boy, Sirius is the godfather."

     Both of them glanced at each other and nodded. "Makes sense to me." Lily shrugged, cringing again, seeming like she was in pain.

     "Why do you keep doing that?" I raised an eyebrow at Lily.