35)In Memory

My eyes swept the empty dormitory, a full trunk in one hand, my toad Filbert in the other. Oh, I'm going to miss this place. I thought, memories of first year flooding back into my mind. I bit my lip and left the dormitories for the last time.

     I climbed down into the Common Room, the bright sun shining through the windows, lighting up the red Common Room. I was one of the only ones left in Gryffindor tower, about to leave before I heard a familiar voice: "Bella!"

       Thomas came down the stairs leading from the Boys' dormitories, trunk also in hand. "Ah, Gryffindor's new Quidditch captain! How are you?" I patted his shoulder.

     "Great." He responded quickly. "I just wanted to say goodbye. You were a great Quidditch captain."

     "Thanks. You'll be a great Quidditch captain too." I replied. He was only going to be a fourth year next year, but I knew he would be able to handle the leadership. He was strong.

     "Let's keep in touch. Y'know, in case we might have to play against each other professionally." Thomas joked.

     "Well, I'm not going to try to sign up for anything for a while," I said. "I'm already quite busy." I was in a secret organisation fighting against Voldemort. Of course I was busy.

     "Well, goodbye." He said, running out of the Common Room. I'm going to miss being here.

     I finally decided to leave the Common Room, taking that last step into the hallway. "Thanks for being a great portrait." I said to the Fat Lady, who sighed and waved goodbye.

     I hurried out to the train, loading my stuff into the right place, my broom and bat somewhere in that pile with my name on them. I hopped onto the train with Filbert still in my hand, peering back for a second to take a look at Hogwarts.

     I sighed sadly and found my way to my friends' compartment. I walked in, confused about the seating arrangement. There was an empty window seat, across from Lily. Peter sat next to Lily and James sat next to Peter. Next to the empty spot sat Remus, Sirius next to him.

     "Scoot down." I said to Sirius. He shook his head and smirked. "What is going on?"

      "These are the spots we sat in on the way to Hogwarts." Lily explained. "Might as well leave Hogwarts in the same fashion."

     "So I have to sit on the floor?" I closed the compartment door behind me.

     "You could sit in Annie's spot if you'd like-" Remus started.

     "No. I'll sit on the floor." I replied. "How can she sit with us if we don't leave her seat open?"

     Lily nodded. "She might not be here with us physically, but she's with us in spirit."

     "Now, I want to see the map." I looked around at the boys. "I want to see who we're waiting for before we leave."

     The boys glanced at each other nervously. "Well, you can't." Peter finally said.

     "Wait, why? Is it in your trunk?" I questioned suspiciously.

     "We, um, got it taken away." James answered.

     "You just had it yesterday!" I exclaimed.

     "We got it taken away yesterday night." Sirius admitted. "After we pranked Sn- someone."

      "Filch finally caught us." James said.

     "After all that hard work-"

     "We did put those protective spells on it." Remus added.