【九十一】 dayoung appearing in... ‣ jcc [ep. 10]

way before the 127 sub-unit of nct flew out to the states, dayoung was feeling homesick

way before the 127 sub-unit of nct flew out to the states, dayoung was feeling homesick. while her mother was busy with her teaching career, her father was occupied with travels for his. the only person in her immediate family she was able to talk to often was jiahao, but even then, they both had school assignments or practice to cut their time short.

the boys noticed her saddened demeanor whenever family was mentioned, so since they'd be visiting johnny's parents while in chicago for their tour, they decided that some of them would spend the night there. seeing as johnny's parents absolutely adored dayoung and treated her like their own daughter, it would be perfect.

they arrived in chicago in the morning and settled into the hotel the group would be staying at. after hanging around for a while, they got back on the tour bus and headed to johnny's old home.

dayoung was sat beside johnny next to the window, kneeling on the leather cushions and looking at the scenery. to say she was excited to see johnny's parents again would be an understatement.

they first met a long time ago, back when johnny and dayoung were still trainees and before the other members joined the company.

"it's so pretty here," she gazed at the homes.

johnny laughed in amusement and tugged her under his arm. "i'm beginning to think she's more excited than me."

yuta looked over and reached to squeeze the youngest's cheeks, making her shyly grin.

"so cute, yinnie."

in an instant, the both of their heads whipped back to the window. "we're here!"

all of them eagerly gathered their belongings and headed out of the bus once it was put into park.

johnny's mom stood in front, looking at her phone. friends, neighbors, and possibly other family members held up signs and a banner to greet the group.

the second oldest walked up to his mom and softly chuckled.

"mom, what are you doing?"

"hello!" said a few of the members.

"what are you doing? hug him!"

one of the women gently pushed johnny's mom in his direction and she immediately wrapped him in her arms, showering him in much overdue affection.

everyone then moved inside where dayoung trailed behind taeyong who was met with johnny's mom. she exclaimed his name and gave him a hug causing the leader to laugh out.

when they pulled away, dayoung caught her gaze and a big smile appeared on the young girl's face.

"mom!" she was quick to be embraced by the older woman, finding warmth and comfort.

"you've gotten so big, dayoungie! has johnny been taking care of you?" johnny's mom questioned after planting a motherly kiss on dayoung's cheek.

"of course he has," she giggled. "is dad cooking?"

"he sure is. he's outside tending to the barbecue."

"dayoung! come, let's go see johnny hyung's room!" haechan called from the stairs.

the said girl glanced at him before looking back at johnny's mom, only to earn a head nod and a wink.

she made it over to haechan and the two followed the other boys up to the second level.

"i don't even know where my room is," johnny commented. "oh.. i guess this is it now."

the room adjacent to the staircase had several photos of nct on the walls along with old childhood photos on the desk.

dayoung left haechan's side and squeezed between doyoung and taeyong, scanning the prints. it was then that she realized why his mother winked at her. the embarrassing photos..

she picked one up from the year 2012 and held it up to show johnny.

"this is from when we first met! i forgot this existed," she said.

the photo showed johnny and dayoung in one of the sm practice rooms prior to the renovation and upgrades. the two had wide, happy smiles as the young girl was carrying johnny on her back, evidently about to give up.

"that's gonna be my new lockscreen," said jaehyun, grabbing the picture and putting it down to capture it with his phone camera.

"mine too!" mark exclaimed.

"wait, no—"

"food's ready!"

johnny's arm found its way around dayoung's shoulders. they and the boys went back downstairs, eyeing the table full of different dishes. the tall boy glanced outside and spotted his father, ushering dayoung along.

"let's go talk to dad real quick," he said.

the slipped out of the kitchen and to the patio where johnny's father was standing under the gazebo, grilling meat.

"hi, dad!" dayoung enthusiastically waved, earning one back.

"little dayoung!" johnny's dad responded and gave her a quick hug.

johnny's heart warmed at the sight as he asked, "are you eating?"

the two spent time talking with the older man until jaehyun called them back inside.

"hurry up or we'll start without you!" he joked.

dayoung gave johnny's dad another wave before skipping over the patio and into the house, leaving the two family members together.

the elder let out a content sigh as he ripped a piece of foil. "you're watching over her, right, john?"

the said boy moved his gaze from the girl and to his dad, nodding.

"always," he smiled. "i'll see you inside?"

after getting the confirmation, johnny followed after dayoung.

time seemed to breeze by. the sun had almost set completely and the group loved johnny's welcoming family. everyone was in the parlor, talking amongst themselves when dayoung took a breather and glanced over the room.

she stood on the side, watching the boys. some of them looked at old photos of johnny and mark was cross-legged on the ground with a guitar in his lap.

it really did feel like a home to dayoung. it wasn't like the dorms weren't home — she couldn't imagine not spending her days with the people she was closest with. only this, with them as well as johnny's parents that she could practically call her own, was something she hadn't been able to feel in a long time.

unbeknownst to her, a grin was on her face as she quietly observed her family.

"yinnie, stop being a wallflower~" mark said, breaking her out of her thoughts. "sit down!"

終。
when i complete this book, i'm gonna do a whole editing spree on it 😌