【八十三】 dating winwin

• how he confessed

• how he confessed

ever since sicheng and yingyue have been crossing paths more often, the girl noticed that he wasn't as talkative with her as he used to be. whenever she would call his name or approach him, he'd shy away and retreat back to a member of wayv.

it went on for almost two weeks until yingyue finally had enough; she missed her winwin. so when she was told that wayv would be filming a dance video at the company, she planted herself right in the practice room.

she settled herself at the end of the couch with her knees up to her chest, watching the group perform 'turn back time'. sicheng managed to avoid contact with her, making her heart hurt but she was trying to formulate a plan while they danced.

as the song came to a close, the boys cheered in relief, heading to catch their breaths and relax. yangyang took a seat next to yingyue and laid against her.

"did we look cool?" he tiredly mumbled.

"of course you did, yang," yingyue answered. "can i ask you something?"

yangyang hummed in response, nodding his head.

"does sicheng not like me anymore?"

at that, the younger boy sat up and whipped his head to look at her. his face held an expression full of confusion and disbelief.

"what?! how could he not like you? has he done something mean to you? and after everything he said—!"

"wait, no! he's just.. been avoiding me for the past couple of weeks," she frowned.

yangyang huffed and rolled his eyes, seemingly at the male of subject. "that idiot. it's actually the opposite. ask him yourself!"

"don't you think i've tried?" yingyue stressed, shaking him by his shoulders. "he'll walk away again!"

"you'll figure out a way. i'm rooting for you!"

he then hopped up from the sofa and went over to xiaojun and ten, leaving yingyue alone again.

her lips formed a pout as she thought about what to do until a lightbulb went off in her head. she abandoned her seat and skipped over to sicheng, crashing into his back and wrapping her arms around his waist.

"woah! y-yin?"

sicheng's eyes widened a bit and his ears turned red, yingyue's giggle only fueling the fire.

"talk to me~!" she childishly complained, gripping tighter onto his shirt.

"i am," sicheng said.

yingyue let go and moved in front of him, putting her hands on her hips. her brows furrowed and her pout came back.

"you've been ignoring me for centuries!" she stomped her foot.

a little smile appeared on sicheng's face before he sighed out. his fingers curled around her wrist and he tugged her along. she followed him as they exited the practice room and found an empty one, the door shutting behind.

with curious eyes, yingyue cutely tilted her head up to look at sicheng, making all of the words in his mind disappear.

"i– ah– um," he sighed in distress and lowered his voice to a mutter. "god, why do you have to make me like this?"

"hm?"

"n-nothing.."

yingyue found his stutter adorable and the corners of her mouth curled into a smile. his fingers fiddled, gaze detouring from hers.

"i like you.. love you..? more than a group member, more than a best friend," sicheng said, more or less assuring himself than telling her. "and if you feel the same way, i want us to be a, um, couple."

the girl's face lit up, a tint of pink dusting her cheeks. "you're so cute."

she cupped sicheng's cheeks and reached up to plant a kiss on one of them before hugging him.

"i'd like that."

終。
winwin best boy