【百一】 7llin' in the dream ‣ ep. 04

"i have to hurry!" exclaimed dayoung, mainly talking to herself as she carried one of the boxes full of groceries

"i have to hurry!" exclaimed dayoung, mainly talking to herself as she carried one of the boxes full of groceries. "i have ice cream in here!"

she rushed in the direction of the house, ignoring the laughter from behind her.

"i still can't believe she convinced us to buy so much ice cream.." haechan commented.

"you're the one who was giving her flavor suggestions!" renjun said.

"IT'S NOT MY FAULT I CAN'T SAY NO TO HER!"

renjun rolled his eyes and went ahead, carrying the case of water bottles. when he entered the kitchen from the poolside, he saw jeno already eating one of the pre-made ice cream cones and sharing it with dayoung.

as he was placing the box on the table, haechan screamed, "that's mine!" at jeno, causing him to flinch.

dayoung noticed and slightly giggled before turning to haechan. "you're so loud. there's an entire package full of them."

"stupid," jeno mouthed to him.

"lee jeno—!"

the two ran around the kitchen like tom and jerry for a moment until mark scolded them when haechan tried to use his body as a shield.

a content sigh left dayoung's lips once she finished putting the groceries away. jeno and mark were the only ones left in the kitchen besides her, preparing some of the food for dinner. her offer to help was turned down, the boys telling her to relax instead.

jaemin was tending to the grill, pouring charcoal in and lighting it with a torch. chenle laid in the hammock near the pool and haechan sat on the steps right beside him with the speaker playing his music and renjun joining them.

"i'll be with the others then!" dayoung informed mark and jeno with a grin.

she took off, clumsily sliding on her sandals and moving to blend in with renjun's dancing. when the song reached its chorus, they harmonized their falsettos, causing the haechan, chenle, and the newly-arrived jisung to cheer them on.

"is this a concert now?" renjun asked, chuckling.

just as they were about to continue with the song, haechan skipped it and the intro to 'boom' started. it didn't play for long before an instrumental jazz song took its place.

dayoung hopped off of the deck, skipping the couple of steps, and landed on the grass.

"jun! let's slow dance!"

"me first!" jeno butted in. he scrambled to get up from the hammock, nearly falling in the process, and ran to the girl.

he overshot a bit and ended up grabbing her hand and tugging her over a few steps.

jisung cupped his hand around his mouth and called, "i'm next!"

more song changes and performances while giving jaemin mental support later, the meat that they bought was finally getting grilled.

dayoung became jaemin's shadow and watched him cook the main dish. after several slices were done, she went to grab a pair of chopsticks and came back, taste-testing one.

"i've fallen in love," she said with beaming eyes.

haechan copied her actions and tried one, having an outburst when he did. "i love you!"

"jaemin-ah! marry me!" dayoung pleaded, holding a piece of meat up to his mouth.

"will do," he answered and grinned cheekily.

dinner was full of banter, begging for sirloin and pork, slight singing, and reminiscing on trainee and debut days. the clean-up crew consisted of haechan and jisung this time, accompanied by dayoung and mark who sat on the stairs, going through the female's saved songs.

"ooh, play that one!" said mark, pointing at her phone screen.

"it's so old," she softly grinned. "my voice sounds weird."

"if you won't, i will." and with that, he slipped the cellphone out of her hands and pressed on 'heartstrings'.

the track was from her first solo album, so it brought back memories from a few years ago. the strumming made the two all-rounders sway together. mark's arm snaked around her waist, prompting her to rest her arm around his shoulders.

"you're pulling on my heartstrings every day. wrapped around your finger, i just wanna linger."

hearing them sing, chenle walked over and settled on the other side of dayoung. he laid his head on her shoulder, wanting to rock back and forth with them.

"listen to the sweetest melody, baby, i'm yours. my heart is yours, yours to play."

the boys, as well as dayoung, were at ease. it barely felt like they were filming a show — it felt like they were back at the dorms, spending time together without a care in the world. they had each other and wouldn't trade it for anything.

終。
i would be lying if i said i didn't replay jaemin telling jisung, "is it good? go eat" five times. i have no words for how much i adore him