【五十六】 dating renjun

it wasn't out of the ordinary for dayoung to spend her time with the younger members, especially after a while of not seeing them

it wasn't out of the ordinary for dayoung to spend her time with the younger members, especially after a while of not seeing them. after nct u's comeback, dream was starting to prepare their own for later in the year.

renjun and dayoung clung to each other, claiming that they hadn't spent much time together. this resulted in the two constantly being seen hanging out, on both free and scheduled days.

even now, late in the evening, they were in the family room, laying together on the floor which was covered with blankets and pillows. episodes of moomin played on the television in front of them as dayoung's grip around renjun's torso loosened.

"yinnie?" he softly called out, his hand lightly playing with her hair.

all he got in response was her calm breathing in which let him know that she was sound asleep. his heartbeat quickened and he was grateful dayoung was a deep sleeper or else she would've felt it.

after another episode of moomin, renjun had gone to sleep with his arms wrapped around the younger girl.

the next day while dayoung was at the company building with some of the other members, renjun and sicheng stayed in 127's dorm

sicheng sat on the ground in his shared bedroom and renjun laid on his bed, the top half of his body hanging upside down off of the edge.

"i really, really, really like her," renjun whined. "but i don't know how to confess."

sicheng thought for a moment, his eyes wandering around, "what do you guys do together the most?"

"practice."

"no, i mean—" the older sighed. "other than practicing."

"um.. watch moomin?" renjun answered, slightly unsure.

suddenly, a gasp sounded from sicheng, causing renjun to bolt up, almost falling off of the bed in the process.

"what? what?" renjun asked.

"i know what you can do!"

after explaining his plan to renjun, the two got ready and left the dorm to get what they needed.

by the end of the day when the moon had risen once again, dayoung entered her and jisung's shared room. she let her bag fall to the floor by their desk and was ready to jump under her covers, but an unfamiliar plushie sat on her bed.

taking a closer look, she noticed a post-it note stuck on to the moomin, the words, 'hug me! —renjun' written on top. dayoung softly giggled and did as she was told, tightly embracing the toy in her arms.

"i love you, jiang yingyue!" was what sounded from the plushie in renjun's voice.

the girl was filled to the brim with happiness and made it her mission to find renjun. with the moomin in hand, she ran out of her room and to the kitchen where he sat on the counter. his focus was on the phone in his hands as he read comments until dayoung exclaimed his name.

when he looked up, her arms were around his torso and she stood in between his legs.

renjun put his phone down beside him and returned dayoung's embrace, "i see you noticed the plushie."

he pulled away and rested his hands on dayoung's cheeks, red appearing on both of their faces.

"i really do love you, yin," he smiled.

"and i love you, renjun."

with his heart thumping in his ears, said boy pressed his lips against dayoung's cheeks, leaving small kisses and grinning as her soft laughter sounded throughout the kitchen.

終。
this was rushed and so much shorter than i wanted it to be cause renjun deserves everything and more ): but i'm feeling uninspired and uncreative sksksk i'm so sorry (个_个)