Bedtime Stories -- Callie

Start from the beginning

"A ghost puppet master?" Dean asked.

"Yeah," Sam answered.

"You think that's what this kid is doing?" I ask. "Sending wolf boy and grandma into trances? Making them go kill-crazy?"

"Could be. You know, kind of like a spirit hypnosis or something." Sam answered.

"Trances I get, but Fairy-Tale trances? That's bizarre, even for us." Dean answered.

We stopped at a large, fat frog sitting before us. "Yeah, you're right. That's completely normal." Sam answered.

"All right, maybe it is Fairy Tales-- totally messed-up Fairy Tales." Dean stated.

"I tell you one thing," I hum lightly. "There's no way I'm kissing a damn frog."

Sam snorted. "Hey, check that out." He hummed as he pointed towards a house.

"Well, it is close to Halloween." I answer.

"You remember Cinderella?" Sam asked. "The pumpkin turns into a coach, and the mice that become horses."

"Dude, could you be more gay?" Dean inquired. I snorted and cleared my throat as I fought from the giggles burning in my throat. Dean immediately shook his head. "Don't answer that."

"Can we leave? That frog is giving me a weird look." I mutter in annoyance.

"You don't want your prince charming, Lottie?" Dean teased.

For the first time in a while, my stomach flips and I give him a sultry smirk. "No, I only accept Australian kisses from you, Dean." I retort before turning away from him.

"God, damn--" Dean growled before leaning over to grasp his knees as if I'd sucker punched him, leaving Sam to laugh at his misfortune.

I pulled out my lockpick and started digging into the lock while Sam and Dean followed up behind, keeping an eye out. The door swung open after a moment or two. "Who knows," I hum as we enter. "Maybe you'll find your Fairy Godmother." I mention.

Sam as less enthusiastic by Dean and I grinning widely at him. We stepped further into the house, looking around. A soft rattle caused me to stop in my tracks. We pulled out our guns and stepped further into the house, looking for the source of the rattle.

"Help--" A woman's voice cries out.

"Hey! Hi, it's okay, we're here. We got you." Sam urged as we found the woman handcuffed to the stove.

"You have to help me, she's a lunatic!" The woman gasped.

"What happened?" Dean asked.

"My stepmom-- she just freaked out, screamed at me, beat me, chained me up." She whimpered as I dug into her handcuffs.

"Where is she now?" I question.

"Lottie, Sam," Dean urged as he gazed down the hallway. A little girl stood at the end, just gazing at us with her wide, blue eyes.

"Sam," I hum as I hand him my picks. I stood up and went after the little girl. She stood in another room, and she kept avoiding me. I entered the den, my gaze sliding everywhere until I turned around to face the little girl. "Who are you?" I ask in a soft tone. She disappeared in her spot, leaving a bright red apple in her spot. I knelt down and grasped it, turning it over thoughtfully.

~*****~

"The paramedics picked up Cinderella," Sam explained as he and Dean approached me.

"That's good." I hum as I keep gazing at the apple. "So," I hum as I toss Sam the apple. "Little girl, shiny red apple. That seems a hell of a lot like Snow White's story." I explain.

"Snow White, I saw that movie--oh, the porn version, anyways." Dean explained. "There was this wicked stepmother-- she was wicked."

"That discussion aside," I hum irritably. "There is a wicked stepmother," I hum. "And she tries to kill Snow White with a Poison Apple."

"But the apple doesn't actually kill the girl, right?" Dean mentions.

I shake my head. "No, puts her into a deep sleep-- So deep, it's almost like she's dead." Sam explains as he tosses the apple back to me.

~*****~

The nurse came back with a soft expression. "No, sorry. We don't have any comatose little girls." She answered.

"You sure?" I ask.

"Totally." She nodded. "It's mostly old guys, and, well, Callie. But she's been around since before I started here."

"Callie?" I echo.

"Yeah. It's so sad. And poor Dr. Garrison-- he won't give up on her." The nurse explained.

"Was Callie one of his patients?" Sam asked.

"No, his daughter." The nurse answered.

I hummed lightly and nudged the boys to follow behind.