Sin City -- Liberation

~*****~

"You know, you're piling it pretty high there, sweetheart, I'm not sure I'm buyin' it." Dean commented as he started to pace.

"Why would I lie?" She cooed.

"Demons lie." I answer.

"Some do. Some a true believers." She hummed.

"Believers in what?" Dean questioned.

"What, you think humans have an exclusive on a higher power?" She chimed.

"Lucifer is just a myth, sweetheart. There are no angels." I mention irritably. "And I find it hard to believe, a small time demon such as yourself would have access to knowing if he actually ever existed."

"Well, he does. When God said he needed to bow to the humans, he refused, so God banished him. How do you like bowing to lesser creatures?" The demon hummed.

"But no one's actually seen him," I retort.

"No, but some say that he made us what we are, and he'll return." She cooed.

"Oh, yeah? And uh, you believe that?" I chortle.

"I've got faith." Dean and I snorted at her response. "Is my kind really all that different than yours?"

"Well, except that, uh, demons are evil." Dean mentions.

"And humans are such a loveable bunch. Dick Cheney."

"He one of yours?" I ask.

"Not yet. Let's just say he's got a parking spot reserved for him downstairs." The demon mentions.

"Hey, speaking of downstairs-- what's it like down there?" Dean questions.

I gave Dean a frustrated look. "What, Hell?"

"Yeah."

The demon nodded as if in understanding. "That's right." She hummed. "You booked a one-way ticket with that deal." She hummed. Dean chuckled. "You're not gonna like it, Dean. And, um, judging from the trouble you've caused, I don't think you'll be getting the presidential suite. No, it's a pit of despair. Why do you think we want to come here?"

~*****~

My head remained curled against Dean's neck as we waited for something-- anything to happen. The demon chuckled. "Kind of funny, don't you think?" She cooed. I whipped my gaze up curiously. "The three of us, sitting here like a couple of regular folk."

"Yeah, it's hilarious-- you know, in that apocalyptic sort of way." Dean chuckled.

"You two are all right." She hums. Dean and I share a scoff. "The other's don't describe you that way. But, you know, you're-- you're likable."

"Awe," I hum lightly. "A demon likes us, Dean." I mention.

"Don't know how to respond to that." Dean hummed.

"You could say thanks." She retorted. "That deal you made to save Sam-- a lot of others would mock you for it, think it was weak or stupid. I don't."

When Dean spoke, I had to stop from casting him a worried glance. "It's been kind of liberating, actually." Dean stated. "What's the point in worrying about a future when you don't have one, huh?"

"Still, a year left." She hummed. "You're not scared?" Dean shook his head. "Not even a little?"

"Of course not." Dean responded. I could feel the subtle clutch against my hand, and I readjusted my face into the crook of his neck again.